VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 04.29.2017 ~ 05.07.2017
- 36, Saejae 2-gil, Mungyeong-si, Gyeongsangbuk-do
경상북도 문경시 문경읍 새재2길 36 (문경읍)
- Mungyeongsaejae Open Set area
• 1330 Korea Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-54-550-6395 (Korean only)
- Sponsors / Management
- Mungyeong-si / Mungyeong Traditional Chasabal (Tea Bowl) Festival Promotion Committee
- Mungyeong Traditional Chasabal (tea cup) Festival will be held in the area of Mugyeongsaejae in Gyeongsangbuk-do. The festival will have thematic events with a story about pottery makers throwing clay on the potter’s wheel.
Mungyeong also features Mangdaengi, the oldest kiln in Korea. The festival aims to retain its identity as the top place for traditional ceramics and also spread its reputation across the country as the birthplace of tea culture.
The festival aims to improve the regional culture and make Mungyeong a traditional Korean cultural brand as well as strengthen the bond of the local community.The world class cultural brand attracts international and domestic visitors experiencing the traditions of Korea.
- [Planned Exhibitions]
- Mungyeong Ceramics Exhibition, Nationwide Chasabal Contest, Ceramic Master Artists Special Exhibition, Mungyeong Traditional Ceramics Product Exhibition, Children’s Sagijang (Ceramic making), Korean/Chinese/Japanese Ceramic International Exchange
- Korean/Chinese/Japanese Tea Ceremony, Powdered Tea Contest, Beautiful Seat Hanmadang, Mungyeong Traditional Balmulle Contest, Chasabal Surprise Auction, Ancestors Pottery Handarye, Mungyeong Cultural Performances, ‘Sangpyeong Tongbo’ Yeopjeon (Brass Coin) Voucher, Chasabal and Sagijang (Ceramic making), Mungyeong Love at Night Festival
- Making of ceramics, Drawing Chasabal, Kline-firing, QR Chasabal State Examination, Finding pearl in the mud, Pounding the elasticity of injeolmi, Tea ceremony, Accumulating Chasabal, Receiving Chasabal Yeopjeon, Chasabal Face painting, Writing of wishes on pottery, Spinning-wheel with feet, and etc.
- Admission tickets raffle (1st place: 5 mil won worth of hangari (moon jar)), Citizen’s day, Handicraft/Special products hall, Chine’s Day, Joseon Dynasty Costume Experience, Festival photo contest, Post-festival review contest
- Admission/Participation Fees
- Admission: Adult - 5,000 won; Teen and Children - 3,000 won
with admission is one yeopjeon (coin) worth 2,000 won to use like cash at the festival venue.)
Seoul Bus Terminal, take an intercity bus to Mungyeong (문경).
* Bus schedule: 06:30-20:00, 20-70 min intervals / Travel time: 2 hours
- From Mungyeong Bus Terminal, take Bus No. 100 to Mungyeongsaejae Provincial Park (문경새재도립공원).
- www.sabal21.com (Korean, English, Chinese, Japanese)