VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 04.29.2017 ~ 05.07.2017
- 36, Saejae 2-gil, Mungyeong-si, Gyeongsangbuk-do
경상북도 문경시 문경읍 새재2길 36 (문경읍)
- Mungyeongsaejae Open Set area
• 1330 Korea Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-54-550-6395
- Sponsors / Management
- Mungyeong-si / Mungyeong Traditional Chasabal (Tea Bowl) Festival Promotion Committee
- Mungyeong Traditional Chasabal (tea cup) Festival is held in the Mungyeong area, famous for traditional ceramics for 900 years. Chasabal seemingly looks plain and rough but it has an inner beauty as a traditional tea cup. Also, traditional tea ceremony programs like pottery making will be offered by potters from Mungyeong.
- [Planned Exhibitions]
- Mungyeong Ceramics Exhibition, Nationwide Chasabal Contest, Ceramic Master Artists Special Exhibition, Mungyeong Traditional Ceramics Product Exhibition, Children’s Sagijang (Ceramic making), Korean/Chinese/Japanese Ceramic International Exchange
- Korean/Chinese/Japanese Tea Ceremony, Powdered Tea Contest, Beautiful Seat Hanmadang, Mungyeong Traditional Balmulle Contest, Chasabal Surprise Auction, Ancestors Pottery Handarye, Mungyeong Cultural Performances, ‘Sangpyeong Tongbo’ Yeopjeon (Brass Coin) Voucher, Chasabal and Sagijang (Ceramic making), Mungyeong Love at Night Festival
- Making of ceramics, Drawing Chasabal, Kline-firing, QR Chasabal State Examination, Finding pearl in the mud, Pounding the elasticity of injeolmi, Tea ceremony, Accumulating Chasabal, Receiving Chasabal Yeopjeon, Chasabal Face painting, Writing of wishes on pottery, Spinning-wheel with feet, and etc.
- Admission tickets raffle (1st place: 5 mil won worth of hangari (moon jar)), Citizen’s day, Handicraft/Special products hall, Chine’s Day, Joseon Dynasty Costume Experience, Festival photo contest, Post-festival review contest
- Admission/Participation Fees
- Paid admission
* Refer to the homepage.
- Age Limit
- All ages of visitors
Seoul Bus Terminal, take an intercity bus to Mungyeong (문경).
* Bus schedule: 06:30-20:00, 20-70 min intervals / Travel time: 2 hours
- From Mungyeong Bus Terminal, take Bus No. 100 to Mungyeongsaejae Provincial Park (문경새재도립공원).
- www.sabal21.com (Korean, English, Chinese, Japanese)