VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 04.29.2017 ~ 05.07.2017
- 36, Saejae 2-gil, Mungyeong-si, Gyeongsangbuk-do
경상북도 문경시 문경읍 새재2길 36 (문경읍)
- Mungyeongsaejae Open Set area
• 1330 Korea Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-54-550-6393,
- Sponsors / Management
- Mungyeong-si / Mungyeong Traditional Chasabal Festival Promotion Committee
- Mungyeong Traditional Chasabal Festival takes place at Mungyeong Open Set in Gyeongsangbuk-do, an area famous for traditional ceramics. The festival was first started in 1999 and has gone on to become an outstanding festival recognized by the Ministry of Culture, Sports & Tourism. Visitors will be able to join in traditional tea ceremony and pottery making programs, operated by local artisans.
- [Planned Exhibitions]
- Mungyeong Ceramics Exhibition, Nationwide Chasabal Contest, Ceramic Master Artists Special Exhibition, Mungyeong Traditional Ceramics Product Exhibition, Children’s Sagijang (Ceramic making), Korean/Chinese/Japanese Ceramic International Exchange
- Korean/Chinese/Japanese Tea Ceremony, Powdered Tea Contest, Beautiful Tea Set Hanmadang, Mungyeong Traditional Balmulle Contest, Chasabal Surprise Auction, Ancestors Pottery Modern Tea Ceremony, Mungyeong Cultural Performances, ‘Sangpyeong Tongbo’ Yeopjeon (Brass Coin) Voucher, Chasabal and Sagijang (Ceramic making), Mungyeong Love at Night Festival
- Day in the life, Making of ceramics, Drawing Chasabal, Kline-firing, QR Chasabal State Examination, Finding pearl in the mud, Pounding the elasticity of injeolmi, Tea ceremony, Stacking Chasabal, Receiving Chasabal Yeopjeon, Chasabal Face painting, Writing of wishes on pottery, Spinning-wheel with feet, etc.
- Admission tickets raffle (1st place: dalhangari (moon shaped jar) worth 10mil won), Citizen’s day, Handicraft/Special products hall, Chine’s Day, Joseon Dynasty Costume Experience, Festival photo contest, Post-festival review contest
[Bongamsa Temple Pilgrimage Exploration]
- Special pilgrimage experience to Bongamsa Temple in celebration of Buddha's Birthday, only available during the Mungyeong Traditional Chasabal Festival.
- Registration period: March 2- April 24, 2017
- Experience period: April 29 - May 7, 2017 / Twice a day (three times on May 3 for Buddha's Birthday)
- Participant limit: 100 people per exerience
- Eligible participants: All visitors to Mungyeong Traditional Chasabal Festival
- Festival admission: 5,000 won (Free and discounted admission do not apply / 2,000 won worth of brass coins come with admission)
- Pilgrimage coures: Parking lot, temple grounds (Geunnakjeon Hall, Daeungbojeon Hall, Jijeungdaesatapbi, etc.), Baegeundae
- Experience hours: 1st round 10:00-11:00 / 2nd round 11:00-12:00
- Performance Times
- April 29-May 7, 2017
- Admission/Participation Fees
- Paid admission
* Refer to the official website for details.
- Duration of Performance
- Varies by program
- Age Limit
- Open to visitors of all ages
- [Express/Intercity Bus]
Take a bus from Dong Seoul Bus Terminal to Mungyeong Bus Terminal.
Take a bus bound for Mungyeong Saejae and get off at Mungyeong Saejae Bus Stop.
- www.sabal21.com (Korean, English, Chinese, Japanese)