VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 09.20.2017 ~ 09.24.2017 Finished
- 170, Dangu-ro, Wonju-si, Gangwon-do
강원도 원주시 단구로 170 (명륜동)
- Tattoo Theater, Youth Square, Wonil-ro Street, Culture Street, etc.
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-33-763-9401, 9402
- Sponsors / Management
- Wonju City, 36 Army division / Wonju Cultural Foundation
- The festival's main program 'Dancing Carnival' is the nation's biggest and longest street parade festival, featuring a variety of folk dances and magnificent military marching parade from international teams across the globe, as well as the local citizens' passionate performances. Many other additional events including the Green Safe Playground and Fringe Festival performances are also available for all visitors to the festival to enjoy.
- [Opening Ceremony and Closing Ceremony]
- Opening Ceremony: Percussion performances and dancing carnival performances by international teams
- Closing Ceremony: Best 15 Contests and Awards
[Dancing Carnival (144 teams, 11,477 Participation)]
- Citizen participating in the nation's largest street parade contest
- A huge street parade stretching about 120m long
- Military marching parade
- International teams parade (13 nations including Thailand, China, Japan, Russia, Italy, Taiwan, etc.)
[Cultural and artistic performances]
- The day of Korean tradition, the day of martial music, the day of chorus and classic
- Duration of Performance
- Additional Events
- - Green safe playground
- Fringe performance
- Festival forum
- Military experience booth
- Children safety performance
- Regional representative food & food truck, world food experience
- Dynamic free market, DDR, Dynamic history photo exhibition, planned exhibition, etc.
- Age Limit
- Open to visitors of all ages
From Dong Seoul or Seoul Express Bus Terminal, take a bus bound for Wonju.
From Wonju Intercity/Express Bus Terminal, take Bus No. 2-1 from the bus stop opposite the bus terminal and get off at Jonghap Sports Complex Bus Stop.
Or, take a taxi to the festival venue (Estimated travel time: about 6-min).
From Cheongnyangni Station, take a train to Wonju.
From Wonju Station, take Bus No. 51 and get off at Wonju Hospital Bus Stop.
Or, take a taxi to the festival venue (Estimated travel time: about 13-min).