- * Festival programs and schedules are subject to sudden changes based on the weather. Please check the information before visiting.
- 01.03.2020 ~ 01.19.2020 Finished
- 59-1, Neobeunae-gil, Hongcheon-gun, Gangwon-do
강원도 홍천군 홍천읍 너브내길 59-1
- Hongcheon riverside in Hongcheon-gun, Gangwon-do
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-33-439-5853
- Sponsors / Management
- Hongcheon Cultural Foundation /
- Every winter, visitors from all over gather at Hongcheon Ggong Ggong Festival to fish for trout fed on 6-year Hongcheon ginseng. Varied programs are available including ice-fishing and catching trout with bare-hands, Vivaldi Park Snow World for ice-sledding and an ice sculpture exhibition, a recreated thatched-roof house, and donkey riding. Visitors can also enjoy local foods at the Korean folk restaurant, and outdoor food market. The festival was selected as one of Gangwon-do’s excellent festivals in 2015, offering new memories for children and nostalgia for adults.
- Ice-fishing trout, catching ginseng trout with bare-hands, Vivaldi Park Snow World, free folk playground, various promotion halls, recreated scene of thatched house, donkey rides, alpaca world, making hand-warmer, painting caricature, folk food market, etc.
- Performance Times
- 09:00-17:00 (Weekend evening schedule 18:00-21:00)
- Age Limit
- Open to visitors of all ages
From Dong Seoul Bus Termina
or Sangbong Bus Terminal, take an intercity bus bound for Hongcheon.
From Hongcheon Bus Terminal, walk towards Hongcheongyo Bridge, and arrive at
Hongcheongang River within about 480m.
- www.hccf.or.kr (Korean only)
VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.