- 09.08.2017 ~ 09.24.2017 Finished
- 2-5, Namdanghang-ro 213beon-gil, Hongseong-gun, Chungcheongnam-do
충청남도 홍성군 서부면 남당항로213번길 2-5 (서부면)
- Namdanghang Port
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-10-4977-7824,
- Sponsors / Management
- Committee of Namdanghang Port Jumbo Shrimp Festival /
- Namdanghang Port, located at the west end of Hongseong, is a famous west coast port known for its exceptional seafood. Surrounded by the clean waters of Cheonsuman Bay, Namdahang Port is home to a wide array of sea life including blue crab, cockle and webfoot octopus. Namdanghang Port also draws throngs of visitors from early September to mid-October every year for the country’s largest Jumbo Shrimp Festival, which has been held since 1907.
A major jumbo shrimp party unfolds along the west coast of Korea from October to November, and as the shrimp are in season, this is the ideal period to enjoy the savory food. The Jumbo Shrimp Festival offers not only food but also various activities for visitors to take part in such as catching clam in the mud flats or even personally catching jumbo shrimp. It also holds a diverse range of events such as traditional rites (rituals for a big catch of fish), fishing boat parades, singing contests as well as hands-on experience programs for catching and peeling jumbo shrimp. Regional products are also sold, making it possible to purchase quality jumbo shrimp at low prices. With much to offer, the festival draws over 700,000 visitors each year.
From Yongsan Station (Seoul Subway Line 1, Jungang Line), take a train bound for Hongseong(홍성).
From Seoul Central City Terminal (Express Bus Terminal Station, Subway Line 3,7,9), take an express bus bound for Hongseong(홍성).
From Hongseon Station (Janghang Line) or Hongseong Terminal, take Bus Hongseong-Galsan(Namdang)(Hongseong Station) (홍성-갈산) (남당)(홍성역) bound for Namdanghang Port(남당항).
VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.