VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 04.24.2015 ~ 05.31.2015 Finished
- 167-29, Gyeongchung-daero 2697beon-gil, Icheon-si, Gyeonggi-do
경기도 이천시 경충대로2697번길 167-29 (관고동)
- Icheon Cerapia, Gwangju Gonjiam Ceramic Park, Yeoju Dojasesang
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-31-631-6501
- Sponsors / Management
- Gyeonggi-do Province / Korea Ceramic Foundation, GICB Committee
- The Gyeonggi International CeraMIX Biennale first started in 2001 and has continued to contribute to the field of ceramics by showcasing hidden talents and allowing artists to experiment with their art. In a further attempt to push the boundaries of ceramic art, the festival in 2011 encouraged artists to expand their art by using elements from other art genres.
This 2015 festival’s theme will be called “Color: Ceramic Spectrum,” and it will demonstrate the creative aspect of ceramic arts. Generally, the word ‘color’ carries a physical and optical connotation, but this festival intends to expand the term’s meaning into a more idiomatic definition that encompasses the concepts of classifying objects and defining identity. Thus, the meaning of ‘color’ is portrayed by the artists’ own expression and artistic attitude at the festival. This festival divides color into three categories: “Isaek” (이색; distinctive color), which focuses on new trends and possibilities of ceramic art; “Chaesaek” (채색; multicolored), which shows modern ceramic art through a combination of other genres; and “Bonsaek” (본색; traditional color), which reflects the traditional factors of the three East Asian countries, connecting the past, present, and future of ceramics.
※ The festival is held every second year.
- Icheon +82-31-645-0761
- Performance Times
- 09:30-18:00 / Saturday 09:30-19:00
- Program Details
- * 40 nations: 100 participants, 120 art pieces
Art events: Special planned event, international competition, international ceramic symposium, workshop, etc.
Additional events: Academic program, performance, events, ceramic market, etc.
- Age Limit
- Open to visitors of all ages.
- To Icheon Cerapia
From the Icheon Intercity Bus Terminal, take a taxi to Icheon Cerapia.
To Yeoju Dojasesang
the Yeoju Intercity Bus Terminal, take a bus bound for Silleuksa Temple.
Get off at Silleuksa Temple and walk 200m.
To Gyeonggi Ceramics Museum
Gangbyeon Station (Seoul Subway Line 2),
Take Bus 1113-1 to the Gyeonggi Ceramics Museum.
(Seoul Subway Line 2), Exit 6.
Take Bus 500-1 to the Gyeonggi Ceramics Museum.
Nambu Terminal Station (Seoul Subway Line 3), Exit 4.
Take Bus 500-2 to the Gyeonggi
- Event Map
(Korean, English, Chinese, Japanese)