- 04.04.2019 ~ 10.27.2019
- 99, Yulgok-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul
서울특별시 종로구 율곡로 99 (와룡동)
- Changdeokgung Palace
• 1330 Korea Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-2-4422-3388
- Sponsors / Management
- Korea Cultural Heritage Foundation / Ministry of Culture, Sports, and Tourism,
Cultural Heritage Administration
- As part of the Creation of Living Palaces project, the Changdeokgung Palace Moonlight Tour offers a unique opportunity to witness and experience palatial beauty. The tour begins from the main gate, Donhwamun Gate, and continues on for approximately two hours through Injeongjeon Hall, Nakseonjae Pavilion, and Huwon ("Secret Garden").
Initially built as a royal villa, Changdeokgung Palace became the central governance compound during the Joseon Dynasty after the former principal palace, Gyeongbokgung Palace, was burned down during the Japanese invasion in the 16th century. In addition to its political significance, the palace is known for its aesthetics and architecture, set against breathtaking natural scenery. In 1997, UNESCO designated Changdeokgung Palace as a World Cultural Heritage site.
- Moonlight tour, traditional performance
- Performance Times
- [First Term]
April 4-28 / May 9-June 9 (20:00-22:00)
May 2-4 (First session 19:00-21:00 / Second session 20:00-22:00)
August 22 - October 27
* Korean citizens (Thursday-Saturdays) / Foreigners (Sundays)
- Admission/Participation Fees
- 30,000 won
- Duration of Performance
- Approx. 2 hours
- How to Particpate
- [Maximum participants]
- 100 people per session (First-come, first-served basis)
- Age Limit
- Open to visitors elementary school age and above
- Ticket Reservations
- Reservation available via phone call at +82-1566-1369 or online at Auction Ticket
* Limited to two tickets per member
Anguk Station (Seoul Subway Line 3), Exit 3.
- Go straight from the exit about 350m to reach Changdeokgung Palace on the left.
Jongno 3 (sam)-ga Station (Subway Line 1, 3 or 5), Exit 7.
- Go left out of the exit and walk approx. 550m along Donhwamun-ro Street to reach Changdeokgung Palace ahead.
Bus 7025, 109, 151, 162, 171, 172, 272, 601
- www.chf.or.kr (Korean, English)
VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.