VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 06.01.2017 ~ 11.05.2017 Finished
- 99, Yulgok-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul
서울특별시 종로구 율곡로 99 (와룡동)
- Changdeokgung Palace
• 1330 Korea Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-2-2270-1233, 1238
- Sponsors / Management
- Korea Cultural Heritage Foundation / Ministry of Culture, Sports, and Tourism,
Cultural Heritage Administration
- As part of the Creation of Living Palaces project, the Changdeokgung Palace Moonlight Tour offers a unique opportunity to witness and experience palatial beauty. The tour begins from the main gate, Donhwamun Gate (돈화문), and continues on for approximately two hours through Injeongjeon Hall (인정전), Nakseonjae (낙선재), and Huwon (후원, meaning "secret garden").
Initially built as a royal villa, Changdeokgung Palace became the central governance compound during the Joseon Dynasty after the former principal palace, Gyeongbokgung Palace, was burned to the ground during the Japanese invasion in the 16th century. In addition to its political significance, the palace is known for its aesthetics and architecture, set against breathtaking natural scenery. In 1997, UNESCO designated Changdeokgung Palace as a World Cultural Heritage site.
- Moonlight tour, traditional performance
- Performance Times
- [Ticket Reservation info]
* First reservation: May 17, 14:00. Second reservation: Aug. 17, 14:00.
- Koreans: Every Thurs., Fri., Sat. 20:00-22:00
- International visitors: Every Sunday (English, Japanese, and Chinese guide provided) 20:00-22;00
- Admission/Participation Fees
- 30,000 won
* A maximum of 2 tickets may be booked per person.
- Duration of Performance
- Approx. 2 hours
- How to Particpate
-100 people per session (First come first served basis)
- Discount Information
- [People with disabilities]
50% discount (lv. 1-3 plus one guardian / lv. 4 or under)
* Proof required on-site
- Age Limit
- Open to visitors elementary school age and above
- Ticket Reservations
For Seniors over 65 or people with disability you can call Interpark: +82-1544-1555
Anguk Station (Seoul Subway Line 3), Exit 3.
- Go straight from the exit about 350m to reach Changdeokgung Palace on the left.
Jongno 3 (sam)-ga Station (Subway Line 1, 3 or 5), Exit 7.
- Go left out of the exit and walk approx. 550m along Donhwamun-ro Street to reach Changdeokgung Palace ahead.
Bus 7025, 109, 151, 162, 171, 172, 272, 601
- www.chf.or.kr (Korean only)