VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 03.21.2016 ~ 06.22.2016
- 99, Yulgok-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul
서울특별시 종로구 율곡로 99 (와룡동)
- Changdeokgung Palace
• 1330 Korea Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-2-2270-1233, 1238
- Sponsors / Management
- Korea Cultural Heritage Foundation / Ministry of Culture, Sports, and Tourism,
Cultural Heritage Administration
- As part of the Creation of Living Palaces project, the Changdeokgung Palace Moonlight Tour offers a unique opportunity to witness and experience palatial beauty. The tour begins from the main gate, Donhwamun Gate (돈화문), and continues on for approximately two hours through Injeongjeon Hall (인정전), Nakseonjae (낙선재), and Huwon (후원,
meaning "secret garden").
Initially built as a royal villa, Changdeokgung Palace became the central governance compound during the Joseon Dynasty after the former principal palace, Gyeongbokgung Palace, was
burned to the ground during the Japanese invasion in the 16th century. In addition to its political significance, the palace is known for its aesthetics and architecture, set against breathtaking natural scenery. In 1997, UNESCO designated Changdeokgung Palace as a World Cultural Heritage site.
- Moonlight tour, traditional performance
- Performance Times
- [The first half of the year]
For foreign visitors
- March 27 / 19:00, 20:00
- April 19, 20 / 20:00
- May 23, 24 / 20:00
- June 21, 22 / 20:00
- Admission/Participation Fees
- 30,000 won
* A maximum of 2 tickets may be booked per person.
- Duration of Performance
- Approx. 2 hours
- Program Details
- Ticket sales start from 14:00, February 23.
- Only 100 people can enter per session.
- Tickets will be issued from the registration desk (located in front of Changdeokgung Palace Ticket Box) 30 minutes before the program starts.
- ID and ticket confirmation number are needed for verification.
- For safety reasons, preschoolers may not partake.
- No tripods or foods are allowed inside the palace.
* In case of rain
- If the weather forecast predicts a rainfall amount of 10 mm or more at 15:00 on the day before, the event will be canceled.
- For an event that has been called off due to rain, the organizing committee will announce the rescheduled performance date and time by the order of cancelation.
- If the scheduled event is called off due to rain, it is possible to attend only on the additionally rescheduled day, and a refund will be provided for people who cannot attend on that day.
* Online reservations and inquiries: +82-1544-1555 (Interpark Ticket Customer Center)
* General inquiries about the event: +82-2-2270-1233, 1238
- How to Particpate
- Reservation for foreign visitors
- Online reservations available at ticket.interpark.com (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
- Korean residents may not take part in the scheduled tour for foreign visitors. If this is attempted, reserved tickets will be canceled on
site, and no refund will be given.
- Age Limit
- Open to visitors elementary school age and above
- Ticket Reservations
- Interpark: +82-1544-1555 / http://ticket.interpark.com
Anguk Station (Subway Line 3) Exit 3
- Go straight from the exit about 350m to reach Changdeokgung Palace on the left.
Jongno 3 (sam)-ga Station (Subway Line 1, 3 or 5) Exit 7.
- Go left out of the exit and walk approx. 550m along Donhwamun-ro Street to reach Changdeokgung Palace ahead.
Bus 7025, 109, 151, 162, 171, 172, 272, 601
* Find more detailed information about the event at Changdeokgung Palace website.
- www.chf.or.kr (Korean only)
- Detailed Info on the Location
- eng.cdg.go.kr (Korean, English)