VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 09.23.2016 ~ 09.25.2016 Finished
- 79, Ppurigongwon-ro, Jung-gu, Daejeon
대전광역시 중구 뿌리공원로 79 (침산동)
- Ppuri Park (뿌리공원)
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-42-606-6114
- Sponsors / Management
- Hyo Culture Ppuri Festival Committee /
- Dajeon Family Culture festival takes place for three days in mid-May every year, in an area around Ppuri Park in Jung-gu, Daejeon, where filial piety has been highly respected. The festival features hands-on experience programs and events reflecting traditional family culture and filial piety.
Four traditional ceremonies
(coming of age, wedding, funeral, ancestral rites) will be demonstrated. A parade of 136 clans will take place, and an exhibition will display unique clan traditions and stories about each clan. Performances by collage traditional performance teams, a
fusion music festival, and street food markets will also be held.
- [Main events]
- Clan parade
- Clan story experience hall
- Clan cultural experiences
- Filial Duty seodang( village school)
- The yangban (noble birth) play in the Joseon Dynasty
- Parents foot washing Event
- Filial Duty Practice Event
- National Writing & drawing Contest
- International Filial Duty symposium
- Medical Check up
- Old-fashioned Museum
*Program details are subject to change and vary each year. Find more information at the official webpage.
- Admission/Participation Fees
Take a train to Daejeon Train Station.
- Take Bus 313 to Ppuri Park (뿌리공원; Ppuri-gongwon).
- hyo-ppuri.djjunggu.go.kr (Korean only)