- 10.05.2018 ~ 10.07.2018
- 79, Ppurigongwon-ro, Jung-gu, Daejeon
대전광역시 중구 뿌리공원로 79 (침산동)
- Ppuri Park area
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-42-606-6114
- Sponsors / Management
- Daejeon Jung-gu / Hyo Culture Ppuri Festival Committee
- Hyo Culture Ppuri Festival takes place in the area around Ppuri Park in Jung-gu, Daejeon, where filial piety has been highly respected. The festival features hands-on experience programs and events reflecting traditional family culture and filial piety.
Four traditional ceremonies (coming of age, wedding, funeral, ancestral rites) will be demonstrated. A parade of 136 clans will take place, and an exhibition will display unique clan traditions and stories about each clan. Performances by college traditional performance teams, a fusion music festival, and street food markets will also be held.
- [Main events]
- Clan parade
- Clan story experience hall
- Clan cultural experiences
- Filial Duty seodang (village school)
- Yangban (aristocrat) play in the Joseon Dynasty
- Parents' foot washing Event
- Filial Duty Practice Event
- National Writing & Drawing Contest
- International Filial Duty symposium
- Medical Check-up
- Old-fashioned Museum
* Programs and schedule are subject to change. For details, visit the official webpage.
- Admission/Participation Fees
- Duration of Performance
- Varies by program
Take a train to Daejeon Train Station.
Take a bus from Gangnam Express Bus Terminal to Daejeon Bus Terminal Complex.
Get off at Ppuri Park Bus Stop.
Bus No. 312 or 313
Approx. 30min from Daejeon Bus Terminal Complex.
Approx. 30min from Daejeon Station.
- Take Bus 313 to Ppuri Park (뿌리공원; Ppuri-gongwon).
- hyo-ppuri.djjunggu.go.kr (Korean only)
VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.