VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 11.04.2016 ~ 11.20.2016
- 14, Jong-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul
서울특별시 종로구 서린동 14
- Cheonggyecheon Plaza to Supyogyo Bridge (1.2 km)
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-2-2133-0932
- Sponsors / Management
- Seoul Metropolitan Government/Cultural Heritage Administration / Seoul Lantern Festival Join Promotional Committee/Seoul Tourism Organization
- Since its inception in 2009, the annual Seoul Lantern Festival, one of the representative festivals in Seoul, is held throughout the period from the first Friday of November to the third Sunday of November. Every year nearly 3 million visitors can expect to see lanterns along the 1.2km Cheonggyecheon Stream with various things to see stretching all the way from Cheonggye Plaza and Supyogyo Bridge.
- Performance Times
- Lightting hour: 17:00-23:00
- Admission/Participation Fees
- Duration of Performance
- Approx. 1-2 hrs
- Additional Events
- - Lantern-making contest (prior-program)
- Hanging a wish lantern (registration required in advance)
- Floating a wish lantern (advanced registration / on-site purchasing)
- Hanging a new year’s wish paper (on-site purchasing)
- Program Details
- Lantern Installation of trade merchants (one week before the festival), food market (during the festival)
Jonggak Station (Seoul
Subway Line 1), Exit 4 or 5.
-Walk straight for 3 mins.
Euljiro 1-ga Station (Seoul Subway Line 2), Exit 2 or 3.
-Walk straight for 5 mins.
Blue bus: 101, 150, 163, 402, 405, 504, 506
bus: 1711, 7016, 7017, 7021,8000
Circular bus: 92S tour
Euljiro 3-ga Station (Seoul Subway Line 2, 3), Exit 1, 2, 3, or 4,
-walk straight for 10 mins.
Blue bus: 140, 163, 470, 471, 501, 701
bus: 1150, 5000, 5005, 5007, 7900, 9001, 9003, 9300
Express bus: 8100
bus: M4101, M4102
Jongno 3-ga Station (Seoul
Subway Line 1, 3), Exit 12, 13 or 14,
-Walk straight for 10 mins.
Euljiro 3-ga Station (Seoul Subway Line 2, 3), Exit 1, 2, 4 or 5.
straight for 10 mins.
- www.seoullantern.visitseoul.net (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)