VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 12.31.2017 ~ 01.01.2018 Finished
- Jeongdongjin2-ri, Gangdong-myeon, Gangneung-si, Gangwon-do
강원도 강릉시 강동면 정동진2리
- Jeongdongjin Sandglass Park
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-33-640-5428
- Sponsors / Management
- Gangneung-si /
- Jeongdongjin gets its name from the word jeongdong, which means due east in Korean, as it is exactly due east from Seoul's Gwanghwamun Gate. Its train station is known to be the world's nearest train station to the ocean. Watching the first sunrise of the year from Jeongdongjin will be a unique experience to begin the upcoming year.
- Performance Times
- December 31, 2017 - January 1, 2018
- Admission/Participation Fees
- Free of charge
- Age Limit
- None (Visitors of all ages are welcome)
Take a train from Cheongnyangni (Seoul) Station
to Jeongdongjin (Gangneung) Station.
Refer to Korail website for details at www.letskorail.com.
- www.gntour.go.kr (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)