- 12.31.2019 ~ 01.01.2020 Finished
- Jeongdongjin2-ri, Gangneung-si, Gangwon-do
강원도 강릉시 강동면 정동진2리
- Jeongdongjin Sandglass Park
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-33-640-5530, 5913
- Sponsors / Management
- Gangneung-si / Gangneung-si
- Many people come to celebrate a fresh start at the Jeongdongjin Sunrise Festival, taking place on the eve of one year and the first day of the New Year at Sandglass Park. The sandglass at the park has a diameter of 8.06 meters, width of 3.2 meters, weight of 40 tons and holds 8 tons of sand, making it one of the biggest sandglasses in the world. It takes a whole year for sand to trickle to the bottom and then the sandglass restarts again on New Year’s Day each year at midnight.
Festival events include a fireworks display, the turning of the sandglass to start another year, and performances by various artists.
- Performance Times
- Admission/Participation Fees
- Free of charge
- Duration of Performance
- Varies by program
- Age Limit
- Open to visitors of all ages
From Cheongnyangni Station, take a train to Jeongdongjin Station.
- www.gn.go.kr/tour (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.