Sat, Aug 13, 2022, 04:06 KST (UTC+9)  Seoul  Korea

imagine your korea

Regional Guide

Destinations by Region

Tomb of King Suro (수로왕릉)

  • Tomb of King Suro (수로왕릉)
  • Tomb of King Suro (수로왕릉)
  • Tomb of King Suro (수로왕릉)
  • Tomb of King Suro (수로왕릉)
  • Tomb of King Suro (수로왕릉)
  • Tomb of King Suro (수로왕릉)
  • Tomb of King Suro (수로왕릉)
  • Address 26, Garak-ro 93beon-gil, Gimhae-si, Gyeongsangnam-do
    경상남도 김해시 가락로93번길 26 (서상동)
  • Type Monuments/ Historical Sites
  • Inquiries • 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-55-1330
    (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
    • For more info: +82-55-330-7313
  • Homepage
  • Information
    King Suro founded the Garak Kingdom in AD 42 and married Heo Hwang-ok, a princess from the Indian country of Ayuta, in AD 48. He was the founder of the Gimhae Kim family. Heo Yeop, a Yeongnam governor, gave the tomb its current look in the 13th year of the reign of King Seonjo (1580). The tomb compound includes various buildings, including the Sungseonjeon (where the ancestral tablets of King Suro and his queen are kept), Anhyanggak, Jeonsacheong, and Jegigo, as well as stone structures, such as a sindobi (tombstone) and gongjeokbi (monument established to pay homage the deceased). The tombstone in front of the royal tomb was built in the 25th year of the reign of King Injo (1647) of the Joseon dynasty. The name 'Sungseonjeon' was bestowed on the tomb by King Gojong in the 21st year of his reign (1884).

    Current Status
    Historic Site No. 73 (Designated on January 21, 1963)

    N/A (Open all year round)

    Operating Hours
    April-October 09:00-20:00
    November-March 09:00-18:00

    Maximum Occupancy
    5,000 people per day

    Parking Facilities

    Admission Fees

    Available Facilities
    Tour facility, convenience facility, etc.


  • Forecast
  • Tourist Sites
  • Accommodation
  • Restaurants
  • Shopping
  • Transportation

VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.

Make an inquiryff

1330 Travel Hotline Live Chat

Open KTO Live Chat(Download not required)

Open messenger app(Messenger app must be installed)