Destinations by Region

Hambyeongnu Pavilion (함벽루)

  • Hambyeongnu Pavilion (함벽루)
  • Hambyeongnu Pavilion (함벽루)
  • Hambyeongnu Pavilion (함벽루)
  • Hambyeongnu Pavilion (함벽루)
  • Hambyeongnu Pavilion (함벽루)
  • Hambyeongnu Pavilion (함벽루)
Address
Jukjuk-gil, Hapcheon-eup, Hapcheon-gun, Gyeongsangnam-do
경상남도 합천군 합천읍 죽죽길 80 (합천읍)
Type
Monuments/ Historical Sites
Inquiries
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-55-930-3178
Homepage
culture.hc.go.kr (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)

http://www.cha.go.kr (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
  • Information
    Introduction
    Included in Hapcheon's 8 Best Landscapes, Hambyeongnu Pavilion was built in 1321, during the 8th year of Goryeo's King Chungsuk by Hapcheon county lord Kim Mo. It is located on the banks of Hwanggang River, below Yeonhosa Temple and Dayaseong Fortress. The pavilion was visited by many poets, with writings from Toegye Yi Hwang, Nammyeong Josil, and Wooam Song Si-yeol hanging from tablets inside, and a rock engraved with "Hambyeongnu" behind the pavilion.

    Hambyeongnu is a 3 pillar wide by 2 pillar deep, 2-story pavilion, with an octagonal roof connected with a frame of five parts. The roof of the pavilion is famous in that when it rains, the water drips straight off the eaves and into the river below.

    Current Status
    Provincial Cultural Heritage No. 59 (designated July 20, 1983)

    Closed
    N/A (Open all year round)

    Admission Fees
    Free

  • Tourist Sites
  • Accommodation
  • Restaurants
  • Shopping
  • Transportation

VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.