Destinations by Region

Yanggu Unification Hall (양구통일관)

  • Yanggu Unification Hall (양구통일관)
  • Yanggu Unification Hall (양구통일관)
  • Yanggu Unification Hall (양구통일관)
  • Yanggu Unification Hall (양구통일관)
  • Yanggu Unification Hall (양구통일관)
  • Yanggu Unification Hall (양구통일관)
  • Yanggu Unification Hall (양구통일관)
  • Yanggu Unification Hall (양구통일관)
Notices
* Visitors must register before 16:00 at Yanggu Unification Hall for admission to Eulji Observatory, the 4th Tunnel, and War Memorial Museum of Yanggu.
Address
35, Haeanseohwa-ro, Haean-myeon, Yanggu-gun, Gangwon-do
강원도 양구군 해안면 해안서화로 35
Inquiries
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-33-480-2674
Operating Hours
Summer Season (March-October) 09:00-18:00
Winter Season (November-February) 09:00-17:00

* Last admission is two hours before closing.
Closed
Every Monday, New Year's Day, Morning on the day of Seollal (Lunar New Year's Day) & Chuseok (Korean Thanksgiving Day)
  • Information
    Introduction
    The Yanggu Unification Hall is located in the northernmost part of the Civilian Control Zone in Haean-myeon Yanggu-gun. It was built and opened to be utilized as a unification education center that would help broaden people’s understanding about the real situation in North Korea in preparation for reunification and encourage commitment for reunification. The location is 5 km away from The Fourth Tunnel, in the northern end of the punch bowl basin and it first opened in 1996. It has a first exhibition hall, second exhibition hall, agricultural specialty market, and a parking lot that can accommodate about 100 cars.

    Directly operated by Yanggu-gun District Office, the Yanggu Unification Hall displays things that show the reality of North Korea including household goods, exports and photographs. The agricultural specialty market sells agricultural goods, North Korean products, and tourism souvenirs. Located nearby is the 4th Tunnel, Eulji Observatory, and War Memorial Museum in Yanggu. The Eulji Observatory is the northernmost located observatory in South Korea. The Fourth Tunnel is the only tunnel among the four tunnels dug by North Korea that operates electric cars, allowing visitors to travel inside. The War Memorial Museum in Yanggu was built to shed new light on the nine battles fought in Yanggu during the Korean War. The Yanggu Unification Hall deals with works related to the Eulji Observatory, the 4th Tunnel and War Memorial Museum in Yanggu.

    Structure Size
    Ground area 5,590㎡, Building area 531㎡

    Exhibition Hall Information
    Exhibition of everyday life products used in North Korea, exported goods, photos, and more.

    Main Facilities
    Exhibition Hall I, Exhibition Hall II, agricultural product market, etc.

    Admission / Participation Fees
    Adults - Individuals 3,000 won / Groups (30 and more) 2,000 won
    Children - Individuals 1,500 won / Groups (30 and more)   1,000 won
    Military & Residents - Adults 1,500 won / Children 1,000 won

    * Intergrated ticket: Eulji Obsevatory, the 4th Tunnel, War Memorial Museum

    Discount Information

    * Free admission (proof required)
    - Children (ages 6 and under)
    - Seniors (ages 65 and older)
    - Men of national merit
    - People with disabilities

    Credit Cards Accepted
    Accepted

    Parking Facilities
    Available

    Parking Fee
    Free

    Homepage
    www.ygtour.kr
    (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)

  • Tourist Sites
  • Accommodation
  • Restaurants
  • Shopping
  • Transportation

VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.