VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 08.04.2018 ~ 08.07.2018
- 6, Munhwamaeul 1-gil, Hwacheon-gun, Gangwon-do
강원도 화천군 사내면 문화마을1길 6
- Area of 6, Munhwamaeul 1-gil, Hwacheon-gun, Gangwon-do
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-33-440-2912
- Sponsors / Management
- Hwacheon-gun County Office, Hwacheon Hwaaksan Tomato Farming Association Corporation /
- The Hwacheon Tomato Festival is held annually over four consecutive days in August in the area of Culture Village in Sanae-myeon, Hwacheon-gun. Starting off with a pre-event and fireworks on the eve of the opening, it is followed by almost 30 exhibitions, hands-on programs, performances including tables with seating for one thousand people, finding a tomato gold ring, let’s play with tomato, tomato summer festival, tomato soccer, children’s swimming pool, and other varied programs related to tomatoes. Tomato sales and other programs will give excitement to every visitor.
- Admission/Participation Fees
- Free (separate charge required for programs / Finding a tomato gold ring: free )
- Age Limit
- Open to all ages
- From Dong Seoul Bus Terminal,
take an intercity bus bound for Sachang-ri Bus Terminal.
From the terminal, walk toward Sanae-ro for about 450 m and the venue will be
on the left.
(Travel time: 2 hours)
From Chuncheon Bus Terminal, take a bus bound for Sachang-ri, Sanae-myeon.
- www.tomatofestival.co.kr/ (Korean only)