Destinations by Region

Nongae Shrine (Uiamsa Shrine) (논개사당 (의암사))

  • Nongae Shrine (Uiamsa Shrine) (논개사당 (의암사))
  • Nongae Shrine (Uiamsa Shrine) (논개사당 (의암사))
  • Nongae Shrine (Uiamsa Shrine) (논개사당 (의암사))
  • Nongae Shrine (Uiamsa Shrine) (논개사당 (의암사))
  • Nongae Shrine (Uiamsa Shrine) (논개사당 (의암사))
  • Nongae Shrine (Uiamsa Shrine) (논개사당 (의암사))
  • Nongae Shrine (Uiamsa Shrine) (논개사당 (의암사))
  • Nongae Shrine (Uiamsa Shrine) (논개사당 (의암사))
  • Nongae Shrine (Uiamsa Shrine) (논개사당 (의암사))
  • Nongae Shrine (Uiamsa Shrine) (논개사당 (의암사))
  • Nongae Shrine (Uiamsa Shrine) (논개사당 (의암사))

VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.

Address
41, Nongaesadang-gil, Jangsu-eup, Jangsu-gun, Jeollabuk-do
전라북도 장수군 장수읍 논개사당길 41
Type
Monuments/ Historical Sites
Inquiries
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-63-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-63-351-4837, 350-2561
Homepage
www.jangsu.go.kr
(Korean, English, Japanese)
www.cha.go.kr
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
  • Information
    Introduction
    Uiamsa Shrine was built to the memory of Chu Nongae, who sacrificed her life during the Imjin War (Japanese Invasion of Korea). In 1846, the Nongae-saeng-jang-hyang-su-myeong-bi monument was put up in praise of Nongae’s patriotism. In 1955, a shrine was built and named Uiamsa, which was then moved to the current location in 1974. Within the precincts of the shrine are a memorial stone, the portrait of Nongae by artist Kim Eun-ho, and the three gates Woesammun, Naesammun and Chunguimun erected one after another. At the memorial hall, the existing possessions of Nongae and her husband General Choi Gyeong-hoe are on display. The annual Nongae Festival takes places on September 3rd by the lunar calendar, during which memorial services and cultural events are held to commemorate Nongae.

    Telephone
    +82-63-351-4837
    +82-63-350-2561

    Current Status
    Jeollabuk-do Monument No.46 (Designated on April 11, 1981)

    Closed
    N/A (Open all year round)

    Operating Hours
    09:00-19:00 (Winter 09:00-18:00)

    Parking Facilities
    Available

    Admission Fees
    Free

    Restrooms
    Available

    Facilities for the Handicapped
    Parking spaces, restrooms

    Parking Fees
    Free

  • Tourist Sites
  • Accommodation
  • Restaurants
  • Shopping
  • Transportation