There are various activities available to experience Korea’s traditions; the most popular of these experiences among international tourists is pottery-making. Visitors can make their own work, starting from a simple ball of clay and turning it into a beautiful piece of art with their own personal design. The city of Icheon in Gyeonggi-do is famous for ceramics, leading to the creation of many programs relating to ceramics. Visitors can learn about the history and culture surrounding traditional pottery, as well as make their own item. Participants can take their final products home that day, or have them airmailed later for an additional fee.
Icheon Traditional Ceramic Experience
- Address: 87, Jungbu-daero, 644beon-gil, Majang-myeon, Icheon-si, Gyeonggi-do
- Directions: Pick up service available from Icheon Bus Terminal. (* Phone reservation required in advance)
- Programs: Ceramic culture lesson & ceramic-making, decorating professionally made ceramic, Icheon rice meal after experience (optional add-on)
- Experience fees: Standard ceramic-making 33,000 won / Decorating professionally made ceramic 50,000~100,000 won
- Website: www.ichontour.com (Korean, English, Japanese)
- Inquiries: +82-70-8232-2299, +82-10-4283-3393 (Korean, English, Japanese) / E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org (Korean, English, Japanese)
- 1330 Korea Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
This page was last updated on October 19, 2017, and therefore information may differ from what is presented here.