Experiencing Korean arts and crafts is an interesting and creative way to learn about Korean culture. Korea’s traditions live on in craft workshops in Insa-dong, Gahoe-dong, and Bukchon Hanok Village. These venues offer a variety of programs to choose from, ranging from making accessories with the Korean knotting method to making household items with traditional Korean paper, hanji. Simply pick a craft that interests you for a one-of-a-kind souvenir of your time in Korea.
- Main programs: Hanji craft, folk painting, traditional multicolored paintwork, mother-of-pearl craft
- Operating hours: 07:00-22:00 / Open all year round
Terminal 1) Incheon International Airport Terminal 1 Station (Seoul Subway Airport Railroad)
Terminal 2) Incheon International Airport Terminal 2 Station (Seoul Subway Airport Railroad)
Terminal 1) Duty Free Area 3F East Wing near Boarding Gate 25 & West Wing near Boarding Gate 29 / Concourse 3F near Boarding Gate 121
Terminal 2) Duty Free Area 3F East Wing near Boarding Gates 253•254 & West Wing near Boarding Gate 247•248
- Performance schedule varies by center. Check official website for details.
- Fees: Free
- Website: www.airport.kr (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
- Inquiries: +82-32-743-0357 (Terminal 1 East Wing), +82-32-743-0359 (Terminal 1 West Wing), +82-32-741-3215 (Terminal 1 Concourse)
- Main programs: Drawing on fan/bag/small item, folk painting on wooden panel, etc.
- Operating hours: March-November 10:00-18:00, December-February 10:00-17:00 (Last admission: 40 min before closing for viewing, 1 hour before closing for experience program participation) / Closed Mondays
- Fees: Varies by activity (2,000~18,000 won)
- Museum admission charged separately (Adults 2,000 won / Teenagers & Children 1,000 won)
- Website: www.gahoemuseum.org (Korean only)
- Inquiries: +82-2-741-0466 (Korean only)
- Main programs: Making dragonfly phone charm, bracelet, necklace
- Operating hours: 10:00-18:00 / Closed Mondays
- Directions: Anguk Station (Seoul Subway Line 3), Exit 2. Walk for approx. 7 min.
- Fees: Dragonfly phone charm, bracelet 8,000 won / Necklace 10,000 won
- Museum admission charged separately (1,000 won)
- Website: www.shimyoungmi.com (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
- Inquiries: +82-2-3673-2778 (Korean only)
Programs are subject to change; please check in advance.
Availability of foreign language assistance varies by staff work schedule.
1330 Korea Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Vietnamese, Thai, Malay)
This page was last updated on August 19, 2018, and therefore information may differ from what is presented here.