Hub of Global Business Tourism
Gangnam MICE Special Tourist Zone (강남 MICE 관광특구)
- Things You Must Do!
- - See one of the various exhibitions in COEX.
- Experience Hallyu culture in SM TOWN.
- Participate in the C-Festival in each season.
- Gangnam-gu, Metropolitan Seoul (서울 강남구 코엑스 일대)
- 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-120 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
For more info: +82-2-3423-5532 (Korean)
- For more information (Website)
- Gangman Tourist Information Center
tour.gangnam.go.kr (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
|course 1|| SM TOWN in COEX Artium
2nd Floor: Lifestyle Shop
3rd Floor: Artist Experience Studio
4th Floor: Archive for the history of SM artists
5th & 6th Floors: The largest hologram theater in Korea
|course 2|| Seven Luck Casino
As the casino has a strict dress code, shorts, jerseys and sandals are not acceptable.
|course 3|| Gangnam style, leading the world’s fashion
You can immediately recognize the current style of Korea by visiting the several theme streets in Gangnam. As an essential course for trendsetters, these streets provide luxury goods, clothes, fashion accessories, galleries and furniture. If you love K-pop, don’t miss K-Star Road, where the walls and sidewalks are decorated with artwork and the special name plaques of Hallyu stars.
|tour|| Gangnam Tourist Information Center
On the first floor, the center provides interpretation services, information about tourism and medical tourism as well as many other valuable services such as money exchange, a free Internet lounge, reservations and coin lockers. You can also experience Hallyu here. On the second floor, you can buy souvenirs.
- Website: http://tour.gangnam.go.kr
COEX Convention Center (Special Tourist Zone)
As Korea’s largest multipurpose complex, it hosts more than 2,500 international conventions annually. The 2000 Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM), 2010 G20 and many other important international conferences have been held here. The convention center also holds over 200 exhibitions each year as well as other international art and cultural events, thus giving you a lot of options to choose from.
- Address: 513, Yeongdong-daero, Gangnam-gu, Seoul (+82-2-6000-0114)
- Website: www.coex.co.kr
COEX Mall (Special Tourist Zone)
This is Asia’s largest underground shopping mall, with theaters, aquariums, shops and restaurants. Here you can enjoy special dishes from top-level restaurants of Seoul like the ones in Itaewon or Garosu-gil. You can also choose to pick one of the 300 restaurants here to eat something simple but delicious. COEX Mall was designed to let in sunlight as much as possible to make your shopping enjoyable.
- Address: 513, Yeongdong-daero, Gangnam-gu, Seoul (+82-2-6002-5300)
- Website: www.coexmall.com
COEX Aquarium (Special Tourist Zone)
The COEX Aquarium is a huge ocean theme park where you can see 40,000 underwater creatures from 600 different species. This aquarium was made to look exactly like the real sea. You’ll be amazed to see dozens of sharks, giant stingrays, sea turtles and a large group of white sardines. Children can satisfy their curiosity at the experience center by touching sea urchins, starfish and baby sharks.
- Address: B1 513, Yeongdong-daero, Gangnam-gu, Seoul (+82-2-6002-6200)
- Website: www.coexaqua.com
SM TOWN in COEX Artium (Special Tourist Zone)
This is an integrated complex for music and culture where you can watch and experience everything about the K-pop idols of SM Entertainment. SM TOWN has celebrity shops, a library, cafes, a hologram musical theater, concert halls and the SM TOWN STUDIO. The most popular spot is of course the studio. Here you can take vocal and dance lessons with professionals, record your song, make a pictorial and music video like a real singer and keep them as a memorable souvenir. This K-pop experience requires prior reservation.
- Address: 513, Yeongdong-daero, Gangnam-gu, Seoul (+82-2-6002-5811,5820,5838)
- Website: www.smtownland.com
Seven Luck Casino (Special Tourist Zone)
This is a casino exclusively for foreigners with branches in Gangnam, Gangbuk and Busan. The Gangnam COEX branch is a Korean-style casino with cutting-edge facilities and an Asian atmosphere. The casino has 71 game tables and 119 of the latest game machines. You can stop by any time, as it is open 24 hours all year round. As the casino has a strict dress code, shorts, jerseys and sandals are not acceptable.
- Address: (4th Floor, Convention Extension Bldg.), 558, Teheran-ro 87-gil, Gangnam-gu, Seoul (+82-2-3466-6100)
- Website: www.7luck.com
City Airport, Logis & Travel, Korea (Special Tourist Zone)
You can check in for the airport early at the City Airport terminals in downtown Seoul instead of carrying around heavy bags. City Airport provides one-stop airport services including check-in, baggage check, luggage inspection, and more. The airport express trains and coach buses leaving from the terminal provide easy transportation to Incheon International Airport and Kimpo Airport. Once you have completed departure procedures here you can proceed directly to the security check using the designated entrance at the airport. The early check-in service is available for both Incheon and Kimpo airports. However, not all airlines offer their services here, so you need to check in advance.
- Address: 22, Teheran-ro 87-gil, Gangnam-gu, Seoul (+82-2-551-0077~8)
- Website: www.calt.co.kr
C-Festival (Special Tourist Zone)
This is the world's only creative culture festival where culture, art and craftsmanship become one. This cultural event with a new concept is held in the heart of Korea’s business district to arouse your curiosity. The core programs converge to blend culture, art and technology. Famous stars from many countries participate in performances, exhibitions and international conferences here. You can take part in these events and create your own contents through experience programs. This festival will offer memorable moments to you.
- Address: 513, Yeongdong-daero, Gangnam-gu, Seoul (+82-2-6000-1139)
- Website: www.c-festival.com
COEX Food Court (Special Tourist Zone)
This large collection of restaurants is located in the COEX Mall. They offer all kinds of food, including Korean, Chinese, Japanese and Western, you name it. The pleasant atmosphere here will make you feel as if you’re sitting at a large outdoor cafe. - Address: 517, Yeongdong-daero, Gangnam-gu, Seoul
Samsung Station Eatery Alley (Mukja Golmok)
In this Eatery Alley various restaurants allow you to choose from simple and everyday to elegant and sophisticated food. This alley is popular among office workers and tourists. - Address: 100, Samseong-ro, Gangnam-gu, Seoul
- Incheon International Airport > COEX [70km / about 75minutes]
- Closest Subway Station : Line 2 (Samsung Station) / Line 9 (Bongeunsa Station, Samsung Jungang Station)
Incheon International Airport > COEX [about 2 hours]
- Airport Railroad (Incheon International Airport Station) > Line 2 (Hongik University Station) > (Samsung Station) : Get off here.
Incheon International Airport > Olympic Park [about 2 hours]
- Airport Railroad (Incheon International Airport Station) > Line 9 (Gimpo International Airport Station) > (Bongeunsa Station) : Get off here.
- Intercity Bus
- Incheon International Airport > COEX [about 1.5 hours]
- Airport Bus “6006” (Incheon International Airport 5A) > (COEX) Bus Stop : Get off here.
- Airport Bus “6704” (Incheon International Airport 11A) > (COEX InterContinental Hotel) Bus Stop : Get off here.
Tourist Information Center (TIC)
- Gangnam TIC: 161, Apgujeong-ro, Gangnam-gu, Seoul (+82-2-3445-0111)
- COEX TIC: 524, Bongeunsa-ro, Gangnam-gu, Seoul (+82-2-6000-0114)