Hotel Tax Refund Policy for Foreigners
Hotel tax refund is applicable to international tourists who stay in certified hotels within Korea for less than 30 days. In order to receive the tax refund, eligible recipients should be scheduled to leave Korea within 3 months from their check-out date.
Hotel Tax Refund Process
- 1.Upon check-in: Receive Hotel Tax Refund Guide and Hotel Tax Refund Checklist.
- 2.Upon check-out: Eligible recipients must submit their Hotel Tax Refund Checklist to the hotel and receive a Hotel Tax Refund Form.
Tax Refund Locations
Tax refund is available at the hotel or at Tax Refund Centers found within the city, including those located inside airports or seaports. Tax refund availability may vary by Tax Refund Center or hotel. For details, make an inquiry at the hotel.
Hotel Tax Refund Eligibility
- 1.Visitors of non-Korean nationality who do not hold a resident or a work related visa and whose duration of stay is less than 6 months.
- 2.The hotel tax refund covers breakfast included in the initial cost of stay, but does not cover any other separate charges made to the room.
- 3.Payments must be made directly to the hotel to be eligible for a tax refund.
* Tax refund is available even if the booking was made through a hotel booking website or a travel agency as long as the tax refund recipient paid for the accommodation directly to the hotel.
Certified hotels offering tax refund service (as of Mar. 30, 2018):
* Certified hotels below are subject to change; verify with the hotel if tax refund service is available upon booking.
This page was last updated on July 2, 2018, and therefore information may differ from what is presented here.