● There will be the opening of World Letter Museum in 2021, and Incheon Maritime Museum in 2024.
● National museums are built successively in Incheon, where there is no national culture facility.
● The Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries announced on the 17th that it will begin the public participation of enforcement plan in August as the establishment plan for Incheon Maritime Museum passed its preliminary feasibility test.
● Incheon Maritime Museum will be built on 27,000㎡ of the floodgate landfill in Wolmido, Bukseong-dong, Jung-gu as a four story building of 17,000㎡ total floor area with 108.1 billion won invested. Its construction begins in 2021 and completes at the end of 2023. It is intended to open during the first half of 2024.
● World Letter Museum established by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism will be built on 19,000㎡ site of Central Park, Songdo-dong, Yeonsu-gu as a building of 15,000㎡ total floor area. Its construction begins in October of this year and completes during the second half of 2021. Its total expenses are 90.8 billion won.
● The establishment of museum park that includes Incheon Municipal Art Gallery and Incheon Metropolitan City Museum gets momentum as well, although they are not national museums.
● Incheon Metropolitan City Museum, the first public museum in Korea, will be relocated to Incheon Museum Park in 30 years since its establishment.