* Some attractions subject to closure or limited entrance due to COVID-19. Please check before visiting.
110:00 AMHeyri Artvalley
212:30 PMShinsegae Simon Paju Premium Outlet
32:30 PMPaju Book City
44:30 PMHanhwa Aqua Planet Ilsan or Onemount
57:00 PMIlsan Lake Park
68:00 PMLafesta or Western Dom
10:00 AM, Start off your day at Heyri Artvalley
Heyri Artvalley is just one-hour bus ride away from Hapjeong Station in Seoul. The largest art community in the nation, the neighborhood’s name originates from the expression “heyri sounds,” used to describe songs sung by farmers at the field. Founded by painters, musicians, architects and other artists, this place is a haven for art of all styles. The streets are lined with uniquely designed buildings that are fun to look at and serve as perfect backdrop for photos.
Explore the neighborhood closely and you will discover some interesting and meaningful museums, including the Bohemian Sculpture Museum, Museum of Musical Instruments of the World, Money Museum, and Museum of Modern History of Korea. Afterwards, stop by one of the cafés dotted throughout the village for a cup of coffee or a light brunch.
- Address: 82-105, Heyrimaeul-gil, Paju-si, Gyeonggi-do (경기도 파주시 탄현면 헤이리마을길 82-105)
- Operating hours: 10:00-18:00
* Operating hours vary by store and attraction; many are closed on Mondays
- Website: heyri.net (Korean, English)
12:30 PM, Shopping at Shinsegae Simon Paju Premium Outlet
Next, head to Shinsegae Simon Paju Premium Outlet, where you can find over 220 fashion brands all in one place. Shinsegae Simon Paju Premium Outlet is a three-story building with two wings circling around a garden. The charming features provide those who are not interesting in shopping a chance to look around and enjoying the ambience.
- Address: 200, Pilseung-ro, Paju-si, Gyeonggi-do (경기도 파주시 탄현면 필승로 200)
- Operating hours: 10:30-21:00
* Closed on the day of Seollal (Lunar New Year’s Day) and Chuseok (Korean Thanksgiving Day)
- Website: www.premiumoutlets.co.kr (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
2:30 PM, Explore Paju Book City
Paju Book City is a cultural complex themed around books and the publishing industry. Once a mere reed field, the area became populated with publishing companies in 1977. Visitors to Paju Book City can enjoy bookstores, book cafés, and various cultural activities related to books and printing. Among the many attractions within the complex, Forest of Wisdom is a must-visit spot.
Opened in 2014, Forest of Wisdom is a public library with a collection of over 500,000 books. All of the library books were donated and words cannot describe the feeling upon looking up at the 8-meter high bookshelves packed with books; for a book-lover, it is heaven. The number of tourists to this library has been unceasing after the library’s appearance in various dramas.
- Forest of Wisdom
- Address: 145, Hoedong-gil, Paju-si, Gyeonggi-do (경기도 파주시 회동길 145)
- Operating hours: Halls 1, 2, & 3 - 10:00-20:00
4:30 PM, Refresh your spirit at Hanwha Aqua Planet Ilsan or Onemount
While the trip to Paju focused on things to see, your time spent in Goyang will be filled with participating in various activities, including a visit to Hanwha Aqua Planet Ilsan or Onemount. Usually, Aqua Planet Ilsan is preferred by families, while Onemount is frequented among friends and couples.
Aqua Planet Ilsan is the largest aquarium in the Seoul metropolitan region. In addition to the aquarium, the attraction also has a zoo. The second floor features exotic marine creatures while the fifth floor has a feeding zoo where children can interact with animals like rabbits and sheep.
- 【 Photo: Inside view of Onemount Water Park
(Credit: Onemount) 】
- 【 Photo: Inside view of Onemount Snow Park
(Credit: Onemount) 】
- Address: 282, Hallyuworld-ro, Ilsanseo-gu, Goyang-si, Gyeonggi-do (경기도 고양시 일산서구 한류월드로 282)
- Operating hours: 10:00-18:30
* Last admission is 1 hr before closing
* Limited number of guest entrance due to COVID-19. Check the official website for details
- Aqua Planet
Weekdays - Adults 25,000 won / Children & Senior citizens 23,000 won
Weekends & public holidays - Adults 31,000 won / Children & Senior citizens 28,000 won
- Unlimited Pass Weekdays
Weekdays - Adults 29,000 won / Children & Senior citizens 27,000 won
Weekends & public holidays - Adults 35,000 won / Children & Senior citizens 31,000 won
* Adults (ages 14-64) / Children (ages 3-13) / Senior citizens (ages 65 & over)
* Unlimited pass provides access to all facilities within Aqua Planet
* Valid ID required to avail discount rates for senior citizens
* Free admission for preschoolers younger than 36 months with a valid ID and an accompanying adult (except for groups)
- Website: www.aquaplanet.co.kr (Korean, English)
- Address: 300 Hallyuworld-ro, Ilsanseo-gu, Goyang-si, Gyeonggi-do (경기도 고양시 일산서구 한류월드로 300)
- Operating hours
Indoor water park 10:00-17:30 / Indoor water slide 10:00-17:30
Outdoor water park 11:00-17:00 / Outdoor water slide 11:00-16:30
Snow Park – 10:00-17:00
* Outdoor water park facilities are closed during off-season (September-April)
* Operating hours subject to change
* Snow Park temporarily closed from March 1, 2020 until further notice
Water Park – General admission 68,000 won
* Based on July 30-August 16 / Check the website for prices for other seasons
Snow Park – General admission 18,000 won
* General admission rate applied from 10:00
* Free admission for preschoolers younger than 36 months with a valid ID
- Website: www.onemount.co.kr (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
7:00 PM, Take a light stroll around Ilsan Lake Park
- 【 Photo: Walking path at Ilsan Lake Park 】
- 【 Photo: Water fountain at Ilsan Lake Park 】
A lush forest and calm lake meet to form the picturesque landscape of Ilsan Lake Park. The park is like an oasis in the middle of the city. The walking path along the lake is exceptionally well-suited for peaceful, leisurely strolls. In the summer, visitors will be delighted by the Musical Fountain, an evening fountain show with music and lights.
- Address: 731, Hosu-ro, Ilsandong-gu, Goyang-si, Gyeonggi-do (경기도 고양시 일산동구 호수로 731)
- Operating hours: April-October 05:00-22:00 / November-March 06:00-20:00
- Website: www.goyang.go.kr (Korean only)
Musical Fountain Show
- Operating hours: TBD
- * Not in operation due to COVID-19
- Website: gys.or.kr/music (Korean only)
8:00 PM, Dinner at Lafesta or Western Dom
- 【 Photo: Lafesta 】
- 【 Photo: Western Dom 】
End the first day of your trip with dinner at Lafesta or Western Dom. Two of Ilsan’s representative landmarks, these malls are a favorite hangout place among young crowd. Made up of six-story high buildings, Lafesta is divided into six wings with an avenue running in between. On the other hand, Western Dom is the first large dome-style shopping mall in Korea. The malls gained popularity by word of mouth for stores selling trendy fashion items and delicious restaurants.
- Address: 1305-56, Jungang-ro, Ilsandong-gu, Goyang-si, Gyeonggi-do (경기도 고양시 일산동구 중앙로 1305-56)
- Address: 24, Jeongbalsan-ro, Ilsandong-gu, Goyang-si, Gyeonggi-do (경기도 고양시 일산동구 정발산로 24)
110:00 AMJaraseom Island
21:00 PMGapyeong Rail Park
33:00 PMPetite France
46:00 PMThe Garden of Morning Calm
TIP) Gapyeong City Tour Bus
Travel around Gapyeong using the Gapyeong City Tour Bus for ease! With just one ticket, you can get on and off the bus freely while spending your time in Gapyeong.
* Related page: Gaypeong City Tour
10:00 AM, Tour around Jaraseom Island and have lunch
Jaraseom Island is an island in the middle of the Bukhangang River that can be reached by a car through the connecting bridge. Enjoy the island by taking a walk along the riverside promenade or spend a night at the island’s auto campground. In addition to these leisure activities, many people visit Jaraseom Island to enjoy festivals that take place on the island each year. Every fall, the island is filled with sound of music during the Jaraseom International Jazz Festival, while the winter brings fun activities for all at the Jaraseom Singsing Winter Festival.
During your time on Jaraseom Island, make sure to visit Nine Forest Ehwawon. The name Ewhawon means “A harmonious garden formed when two differences meet” and showcases a variety of flowers and plants even in the dead of winter. The garden has two greenhouses that display a wide variety of spring and summer flora as well as butterflies.
The arboretum is largely divided into a tropical botanical garden and a Korean botanical garden. The tropical garden features papaya trees along with other exotic plants that grow naturally in tropical and subtropical regions. As for the Korean botanical garden, the air permeates with scent of fresh citrons.
- Address: 1-1, Daljeon-ri, Gapyeong-gun, Gyeonggi-do (경기도 가평군 가평읍 달전리 1-1)
- Website: www.jarasum.net (Korean only)
Nine Forest Ewhawon
- Address: 64, Jaraseom-ro, Gapyeong-gun, Gyeonggi-do (경기도 가평군 가평읍 자라섬로 64)
- Operating hours: March-October 09:00-18:00 / November-February 09:00-17:00
* Closed Mondays
* Closed temporarily from March 1, 2020 until further notice
- Admission: Adults 7,000 won / Children & Teenagers 5,000 won
* Adults (ages 19-64) / Children & Teenagers (ages 2-18)
* Free admission for preschoolers under 24 months and senior citizens with a valid ID
1:00 PM, Gapyeong Rail Park
Gapyeong Rail Park is a rail bike park along the old Gyeongchun Line tracks. After departing the platform, the rail bike takes its passengers across Gapyeongcheon Stream and the Bukhangang River bridges, then passes through a tunnel of zelkova trees to arrive at Gyeonggang Station before returning to the departure point. The round-trip course is 8-kilometer long and the journey takes approximately one hour and 30 minutes.
- Address: 14, Jangteo-gil, Gapyeong-gun, Gyeonggi-do (경기도 가평군 가평읍 장터길 14)
- Operating hours: March-October 09:00-17:00 / November-February 09:00-15:30
* Interval is 1 hr 30 min
* Rail bike operates 6 times a day in summer (09:00, 10:30, 12:00, 14:00, 15:30, 17:00) and 5 times a day in winter (09:00, 10:30, 12:00, 14:00, 15:30)
- Fare: 2-seater bike 30,000 won / 4-seater bike 40,000 won
- Website: www.gprailpark.com (Korean, English, Chinese)
3:00 PM, Take memorable photos at Petite France
Petite France is a unique one of a kind cultural theme park, inspired from the book “Le Petit Prince (1943).” Its exotic look features buildings and landscapes that resemble a countryside in France, where adorable and colorful houses create a charming ambience together with the nearby hilltops and lakes.
Follow the streets of Petite France and you will find colorful murals that serve as perfect photo backdrops along your way. These murals are decorated with diverse themes and props to make one feel as if they are traveling in France.
- Address: 1063, Hoban-ro, Gapyeong-gun, Gyeonggi-do (경기도 가평군 청평면 호반로 1063)
- Operating hours: 09:00-18:00
* Hours extended until 18:00 from Monday to Thursday and until 20:30 on Fridays & Saturdays during Little Prince Lighting Festival period.
- Admission: Adults 10,000 won / Teenagers & Senior citizens 8,000 won / Children 6,000 won
* Adults (ages 19-64) / Teenagers (ages 13-18) / Children (ages 3-12) / Senior citizens (ages 65 & older)
- Website: www.pfcamp.com (Korean, English, Chinese)
6:00 PM, Find peace at The Garden of Morning Calm
The Garden of Morning Calm is a beautiful four-season garden that is divided into a number of smaller gardens, each with a different theme, including Hometown House Garden, Bonsai Garden, Moonlight Garden, Sky Path, Garden of Eden and more.
The promenades are lined with trees for comfortable strolls in the shade. With lush forests and colorful flowers lining every walkway, a simple walk along the garden path will be enough to recharge your energy.
The garden is busy with seasonal festivals all year round, but the most significant and memorable event would be the Lighting Festival at The Garden of Morning Calm that takes place in winter. During this festival, the garden lights up at night, transforming into an unrealistic, almost fairy tale-like scene.
- Address: 432, Sumogwon-ro, Gapyeong-gun, Gyeonggi-do (경기도 가평군 상면 수목원로 432)
- Operating hours: 08:00-19:00
* Lighting Festival at The Garden of Morning Calm: Sunset-21:00 (extended hours until 23:00 on Saturdays)
- Admission: Adults 9,500 won / Teenagers 7,000 won / Children 6,000 won / Senior citizens 7,500 won
* Adults (ages 19-64) / Teenagers (ages 13-18) / Children (ages 3-12) / Senior citizens (ages 65 & over)
- Website: www.morningcalm.co.kr (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)