Korea Railroad Corporation (KORAIL) sells exclusive railroad passes for international tourists or foreign residents living in Korea. These special tickets allow unlimited travel on KORAIL-managed trains for a select period of travel. There are no limits on the number of times you can travel or where you can travel during the duration of your pass.
The KORAIL Pass is exclusively for the use of internationals traveling in Korea. Each pass can only be used within the designated duration period (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7 days). KORAIL Pass holders can make use of all railroad service offered by KORAIL, including the high-speed KTX and regular tourist trains.
KORAIL Pass Types:
The KORAIL Pass comes in 1 Day Pass, Consecutive Pass, and Flexible Pass types. The duration of each type of pass is listed below.
- 1 Day Pass
- Consecutive Pass (pass for 3/5/7 consecutive days)
- Flexible Pass (pass for 2/4 selected days)
Available train options:
Applicable for regular trains (KTX, KTX-Sancheon, ITX-Saemaeul, ITX-Cheongchun, Saemaeul, Mugunghwa, Nuriro, commuter trains) and tourist trains (Central Inland Circle Train (O-Train), Baekdu-degan Valley Train (V-train), Jeongseon Arirang Train (A-Train), South Coast Train (S-Train), West Gold Train (G-Train), Peace Train (DMZ-Train))
※ The pass is not available for use on subways, SRT or temporary tourist trains.
※ KORAIL Pass will not be accepted on the Gyeonggang Line traveling between Seoul and Gangwon-do February 1 – March 25, 2018. (Travelers must purchase a standard ticket or Pyeongchang KORAIL Pass)
Travelers may purchase a KORAIL Pass voucher from overseas distributors, KORAIL Travel Centers, or from KORAIL’s official website. Travelers booking the pass online will immediately be issued an e-pass, which must be printed out for use. In case of no purchase before arriving in Korea, you can still purchase a pass on the day you wish to travel. KORAIL Pass holders can make seat reservations before arriving in Korea through the “My Reservation” section of the KORAIL website. Seat reservations can also be made up to 30 days in advance through the website. Tickets purchased online can be printed from home or picked up from the station. Prices for KORAIL Pass will vary depending on the user’s age group and pass duration. Detailed information on fares and how to purchase can be found on the KORAIL website.
KORAIL Pass usage notes
- You must present your KORAIL Pass, train ticket, and passport to use the trains. Youth Pass holders must also present their International Student Identity Card (ISIC).
- A service fee will be applied in the case of KORAIL Pass cancellation (Fee varies by period of cancellation; please refer to the official website)
- KORAIL Pass start date must be within 90 days from the purchase (One change of date is permitted before the start date. Not available to change after the selected start date has passed.)
- Refund of KORAIL Pass not available after seat reservations have been made.
※ KORAIL Pass vouchers purchased before August 1, 2017 remain valid for 180 days after purchase.
☞ KORAIL Pass website: www.letskorail.com (English, Japanese, Chinese)
☞ KORAIL Customer Service Center: +82-1599-7777 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
This page was last updated on October 17, 2017, and therefore information may differ from what is presented here.