Metropolitan Pass, or MPASS, is a transportation card exclusively for international tourists traveling in the Seoul metropolitan area and Jeju. The pass offers 20 rides a day for the duration of the pass. Additional funds can be loaded to MPASS and be used as a Tmoney card.
* Please note that MPASS cannot be used to pay for taxis and may not be accepted at convenience stores.
Card Types and Pricelist
MPASS comes in five different durations: 1-day, 2-day, 3-day, 5-day, and 7-day passes. MPASS will be registered as day one upon its first use and will be valid until midnight of the last day. MPASS can be purchased with Korean won only.
|Card Duration||Price||Discounted price (after 17:00)|
|1-day pass||15,000 won||12,000 won|
|2-day pass||23,000 won||20,000 won|
|3-day pass||30,500 won||27,500 won|
|5-day pass||47,500 won||44,500 won|
|7-day pass||64,500 won||61,500 won|
Areas of use
- Seoul: subway lines, airport railroad all-stop train, mainline buses, branch buses, circulation buses, village buses, night buses
- Jeju: Jeju city buses
Retail & refund locations:
Travelers can purchase or receive card refunds from the areas listed below. Refund applies to the card fee and remaining balance loaded in the card; 500 won will be charged for refund service.
* MPASS prices include a 5,000 won deposit. When the card is returned, users will receive a 4,500 won refund.
- Tourist Information Center: Passenger Terminal 1, 1F, In front of Gates 5 & 10 / 07:00-22:00
- Airport Railroad Travel Center: Passenger Terminal 1, B1, In front of Airport Railroad All Stop Train Gate (purchase only) / 05:30-23:00
* Refunds at the airport can only be made at the Tourist Information Center.
- Seoul Station Tmoney Town : 1F, Seoul City Tower near Seoul Station (Seoul Subway Line 1, 4, AREX), Exit 10 / 09:00-18:00
- Myeong-dong Tourist Information Center: In front of Euljiro 1(il)-ga Station (Seoul Subway Line 2), Exit 5 / 09:00-18:00
tmoneympass.co.kr (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
Amazing Pay Tmoney Card
Amazing Pay Tmoney card is available to international visitors taking airport buses from Incheon International Airport. The card works just like a regular Tmoney card, with the added benefit of offering a discount of 10% off on most bus routes that connect Seoul and Incheon. In addition, the card has the same benefits of a regular Tmoney card, offering transfer discounts when taking public transportations. It can also be used as a method of payment at affiliated convenience stores. With Amazing Pay Tmoney card, travelers can receive discount benefits at restaurants, cultural performances, and even at Seoul’s major attractions, including Lotte World and 63 Square. A coupon book will be issued with the purchase of an Amazing Pay Tmoney card.
50,000 won (Card 4,000 won + Starting balance 46,000 won) * Cash only
Airport bus ticket booth at Incheon International Airport Passenger Terminal 1, 1F Arrivals Hall (Gates 4 & 9)
Reload and refund locations:
Convenience stores and card reload devices or Tmoney service desks at subway stations
* Travelers can receive a refund for any remaining balance loaded in the card with a service charge of 500 won. Travelers are advised to load their card in small amounts as refund process for over 50,000 won can be complicated and time-consuming.
Amazing Pay Seoul Tmoney:www.t-money.co.kr (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
Discover Seoul Pass
Discover Seoul Pass is a card that functions as a Tmoney card and a free admission pass to major tourist attractions in Seoul. The card comes in three types, ranging from 24-hours to 72-hours, allowing travelers to freely choose and use the card according to their itinerary. Discount benefits for watching cultural performances and shopping at duty free shops are also available. In addition, users can load the card to use as a Tmoney card for public transportation. Travelers can check the card's remaining hours and affiliated attractions by using the Discover Seoul Pass app.
The app also allows for use as a mobile pass! Travelers can conveniently purchase the pass through their phone to use right away. Additional benefits include 24-hours use of the Seoul city's public bicycles, a one-way ride on the Airport Express Train from Incheon to Seoul, and one free ride on a Seoul City Tour.
* Hardcopy card users can only use the app to check the remaining time and information about tourist attractions.
24-hour pass 39,900 won / 48-hour pass 55,000 won / 72-hour pass 70,000 won
* Same rates apply when purchasing as a mobile pass.
* Mobile pass cannot be used as a Tmoney card
• Incheon International Airport: Passenger Terminal 1, 1F Hana Bank Currency Exchanges (4 locations) and B1 Hana Bank / Passenger Terminal 1 CU convenience stores (3 branches)
• Additional 23 retail locations available throughout Seoul (* Refer to website for details)
Reload & refund locations
• Tmoney Card function reload locations: Convenience stores and card reload devices or Tmoney service desks at subway stations
• Refund locations
- Balance of 30,000 won or less: Convenience stores and Tmoney service desks at subway stations
- Balance of 50,000 won or less: Tmoney service desks at subway stations
* Refund available with a service charge of 500 won. Travelers are advised to load their card in small amounts as refund process for over 50,000 won can be complicated and time-consuming.
* Refund not available in the case of lost cards
Download Discover Seoul Pass app from Google Play or Apple App Store → Scan the QR code or input the code indicated under the QR code on your Discover Seoul Pass card → Your card and the app will be in sync
* App is available in Korean, English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese
Gyeongbokgung Palace, Changdeokgung Palace and Huwon [UNESCO World Heritage], Deoksugung Palace, Changgyeonggung Palace, Seodaemun Prison History Museum, Leeum, Samsung Museum of Art, National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Seoul (MMCA Seoul), Namsan Seoul Tower, The National Museum of Korea, Seoul Battleship Park, Namsangol Hanok Village, COEX Aquarium, SM TOWN and 23 other attractions
Discover Seoul Pass website:
discoverseoulpass.com (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
This page was last updated on November 30, 2018, and therefore information may differ from what is presented here.