|VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.|
|Sponsors / Management|
|Bonghwa-gun / Bonghwa Sweet Fish Festival Committee|
|Bonghwa Eun-uh (Sweet Smelt) Festival, held in
Bonghwa-gun, Gyeongsangbuk-do, offers numerous participatory programs including sweet smelt fishing, underwater race and quiz show. Sweet smelt fishing, the festival’s highlight, is held two times a day during the week, and three times on Saturdays. Winners of the underwater race and the quiz show will receive local specialty products as prizes.
Moreover, there are several educational and cultural programs including a freshwater fish exhibition featuring trout and other species, a sweet smelt ecology center where visitors can observe the natural environment that the fish live in, the Korean Currency Museum, Bonghwa tourist photo center, sweet smelt painting, ceramic, hanji (Korean traditional paper) handicraft, and stone inscription.
- Opening Ceremony
- Opening Celebration
- Cultural and Artistic performances
- Eun-Uh (Sweet Fish) Singing Festival
- Closing Performances
[Eun-Uh (Sweet Fish) fishing experience]
- Eun-Uh (Sweet Fish) Scoop net fishing experience
- Eun-Uh (Sweet Fish) Bare-hand fishing experience
- Participation events
- Grilled Eun-Uh (Sweet Fish) on a charcoal
- Eun-Uh (Sweet Fish) Fishing Experience
- Water Activities Experience
- Nail art / face painting and more.
[Exhibition ∙ Special Events]
- Eun-Uh (Sweet Fish) Exhibition
- Topieori Exhibition / Photo Zone
- Food Village, Ethnic Food Sale
- Local Food exhibition & sales, etc.
*Program details are subject to change and vary each year. Find more information at the official webpage.
|Admission fees: Adults 10,000 won / Children 8,000 won
Participation fees: Varies by program
From DongSeoul Bus Terminal, take a bus to Bonghwa Bus Terminal.
- Cross the Naeseong Bridge on the left.
- The festival venue is located on the right-hand side of the bridge.
|bonghwafestival.com (Korean only)|