|Sponsors / Management|
|Seoul Yangnyeongsi Association /|
|The Herb Medicine Festival has been held every fall since 1995 in Yangnyeongsi (약령시), the largest herbal medicine marketplace in Seoul. The festival celebrates the history and effectiveness of the nation's traditional herb medicine and raises international interest in Seoul’s Yangnyeongsi market.
During the festival, a wide variety of events will be held, including activity programs such as an herb slicing contest and writing, cooking, and singing contests. Other highlights on the festival calendar include traditional performances and a taekwondo demonstration. Visitors can also enjoy free herbal tea, food, and rice cakes and will be able to buy a variety of herbs at low prices.
Perhaps the most anticipated events of the festival are the free herbal medical diagnoses and treatments, which are on offer for Korean and international visitors. This is a good opportunity for you to check your body condition and experience the benefits of oriental medicine.
| ● Herbal Medicine Festival
Free herbal diagnosis and treatment, herb slicing contest, herb cooking contest, etc.
● Grand Sale of Herbal Medicine
High-quality herbal medicines can be purchased at low prices.
● Herbal Parade
Reenactment of life in Yangnyeongsi market during the Joseon Dynasty.
● Seoul Yangnyeongsi Herbal Medicine Museum
Exhibits a wide array of herbal medicine and provides activity programs related to herbal medicine.
- Jegi Station (Seoul Subway Line 1), Exit 2.
- Yongdu Station (Seoul Subway Line 2), Exit 2.
1) Jegi-dong Yangnyeong Market Bus Stop
- Bus 1212, 2223, 3200, 421
2) Jegi Station, Yangnyeongsi Bus Stop
- Bus N13, N26, 105, 147, 201, 202, 241A, 241B, 260, 261, 262, 270, 271, 272, 420, 421, 720, 2221, 2223
3) Gyeongdong Market Bus Stop
- Bus 110A, 120, 121, 130, 141, 148, 1212, 2222, 3200
|www.seoulya.com (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)|