|Sponsors / Management|
|Suncheon-si, International Garden Exposition Suncheon Bay Korea 2013 Organizing Committee /|
|Organized under the theme ‘Garden of the Earth,’ the Suncheon Bay Garden Expo 2013 is a global festival to be held for six months from April 20 to October 20, 2013 in Suncheon City of the Namdo region. Suncheonman (Suncheon Bay) is a coastal wetland registered on the Ramsar Convention. Korean photographers often select Suncheonman Bay as one of the best spots to watch sunsets in Korea.|
|The main expo site features various gardens like the World Garden, Flower Garden, Water Garden, Forest Garden, Theme Garden, Oriental Medicinal Herb Garden, and Play Garden. There is also a main performance stage and an outdoor performance stage. The World Garden showcases the traditional garden culture of ten countries in the world all in one site. The Oriental Medicinal Herb Garden highlights medicinal herbs that grow in the mountains, fields, and riverside. Various programs are organized at the nursery garden and hands-on experience center.
The arboretum features the Garden Trees Experience Center, a Korean Garden, the Namdo Forest Exploration Zone, Namdo Daraengi Garden, Royal Azalea Garden, and Native Plant Garden, offering various information and fun activities related to forests and gardens. At the Garden Trees Experience Center, visitors can see various garden plants used in other countries. The Korean Garden shows the essence of traditional Korean gardening.
The International Wetland Center is housed underground in an environment-friendly building so as to minimize the impact on the protected wetland and to be in harmony with the natural surroundings. The center has on exhibit materials related to various wetlands of the world categorized by climate zone. It is divided into educational and experiential spaces to enable visitors to better understand the value of wetlands. The center also organizes various exhibitions, cultural events, and international conferences on climate change and other global issues.
The Undercurrent Garden is usually used as a sporting facility and a grassy area where visitors can rest and relax. It also features a flooding prevention system.
09:00-19:00 / Admission 09:00-19:00 / Closing 21:00
September-October: Ticketing 09:00-17:00 / Admission 09:00-17:00 / Closing 19:00
Adults (ages 19-64): 16,000 won / Group: 13,000 won
Youths (ages 13-18): 12,000 won / Group: 10,000 won
Children (ages 4-12): 8,000 won / Group: 6,000 won
Adults: 24,000 won / Youths: 18,000 won / Children: 12,000 won
Simingwon Ticktet (시민권, Admissions are available for the entire period)
Adults: 60,000 won / Youths: 50,000 won / Children: 40,000 won
Night time Ticket (Available June-August only / Admission: 17:00-19:00)
Adults: 8,000 won / Youths: 6,000 won / Children: 4,000 won
* Visitors with 2-Day Pass tickets are allowed admission for 2 consecutive days.
* Group: 30 people or more (International visitors: 10 people or more)
|Duration of Performance|
|None (Visitors of all ages are welcome)|
|Interpark (Korean, English, Chinese, Japanese)|
|1) From Yeosu airport, take Sunchen city bus 96 and get off at Myungmal(명말) station. (Travel time : about 1 hour)
2) From Suncheon(순천) train station, take city bus 1 or 111 and get off at Myungmal(명말) station. (Travel time : about 30 min)
3) From Suncheon bus terminal, take city bus 1 or 111 and get off at Myungmal(명말) station. (Travel time : about 30 min)
1. Suncheon Bay Shuttle Bus Route (Travel time : about 15 min)
(1) Schedule (April, May, September, October)
* Garden Expo → Suncheonman Bay Ecological Park : 09:00~17:30
* Suncheonman Bay Ecological Park → Garden Expo : 09:30~18:40
(2) Schedule (June, July, August)
* Garden Expo → Suncheonman Bay Ecological Park : 09:00~16:30
* Suncheonman Bay Ecological Park → Garden Expo : 09:30~17:40
2. East ↔ West Gate Shuttle Bus Route (Travel Time : about 10~15 min)
(1) Schedule (June, July, August : 09:00~20:00)
(2) West Gate : Middle of the tent located in the Ocheon-teakji parking lot
(3) East Gate : Opposite side of the Haeryong parking lot
|http://eng.2013expo.or.kr/ (Korean, English, Chinese, Japanese)|