|Goryeogung Palace Site (고려궁지)|
|VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.|
|Goryeogung Palace Site on Ganghwado Island is the site of the royal palace where the people of the Goryeo Dynasty (918-1392) resisted the Mongolian invasion for 39 years. In the 19th year of his reign, King Gojong moved the capital to Ganghwa on account of its natural and strategic advantages. During the Byeongjahoran (Chinese invasion of Korea) in 1637, the palace was lost by force to the Qing dynasty of China. Later, Joseon Dynasty palace building and Ganghwa Yusubu (Ganghwa governor’s office) buildings existed in the Goryeo palace site but were destroyed by the French army during the Byeonginyangyo (French Campaign against Korea). Nowadays, the only structures that remain are the Dongheon main office (built in 1638) and Ibangcheong administration office (built in 1654). The palace and its subsidiary buildings were restored in 1977. It has historical lessons of the spirit of independence and overcoming national crisis.|
|Historical Site No.133 (as of June 10, 1964)|
|N/A (Open all year round)|
|Adults: Individuals 900 won / Groups 700 won
Children & Teenagers: Individuals 600 won / Groups 500 won
* Groups: 20 people or more
* Free admission: Children (ages 6 or younger) with one companion, Seniors (ages 65 or more), People with disabilities plus one companion (Proof required)
* Ganghwa-gun Main Tourism Sites Discount (up to 20% discounts)
Main tourism site: Chojijin Fortress, Deokjinjin Fortress, Gwangseongbo Fortress, Gapgotdondae Fortification, Goryeogung Palace Site, Peace Observatory, Hwamunseok Cultural Center, Museum, Manisan Mountain, Mudflat Center, and Hamheodongcheon Stream
- 15% discount: 3-4 sites
- 20% discount: 5 or more sites
* When choosing 8 sites or more, the ticket is valid until the next day
|Korean Info. Service|
|Cultural Tourism Explanation Guide
10:00, 11:00, 13:10, 14:00, 15:00, 16:00
* Other times are available upon request.
|[Subway + Bus]
From Seoul to Ganghwa
1) Sinchon Station (Seoul Subway Line 2), Exit 4.
- Go straight 260m to arrive at the bus stop in front of Artreon.
- From the bus stop, take Bus 3000 to Ganghwa Bus Terminal.
2) Yeongdeungpo Station (Seoul Subway Line 1).
- Across from Shinsegae Department Store, take Bus 88 to Ganghwa Terminal.
From Ganghwa Bus Terminal, take a taxi to Goryeogung Palace Site. (10min)