|Cheongwadae Sarangchae (청와대 사랑채)|
|VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.|
|Cheongwadae Sarangchae is a space to learn about Korean culture and the history of former Korean presidents. The area is comprised of a planned exhibition hall where various special exhibitions are held, Korean culture exhibition hall, Korean food (hansik) promotion hall on the first floor and Cheongwadae Hall which introduces former Korean presidents and Haengboknuri Hall which presents the future vision of Korea on the second floor.|
|Site area (4,116㎡): 2 above-ground levels, 1 basement level.
Exhibition area (2,386.85m²): Korean Culture Exhibit Hall, Special Exhibit Hall, Cheongwadae Hall, Haengboknuri Hall
|Educational program for elementary school students: ‘I am the future president’
Program for foreigners: ‘Let’s try Hansik (Korean food)’
|Exhibition Hall Information|
|1F: Korean Culture Exhibit Hall, Special Exhibit Hall, Souvenir Shop, Lounge (Cafe & Korean Food Promotion Hall)
2F: Cheongwadae Hall and Haengboknuri Hall
|Facilities for the Handicapped|
|Wheelchair rental service, toilet for the disabled|
|Souvenir Shop, Café Ogada|
|Admission / Participation Fees|
|Baby Stroller Rentals|
|East parking lot of Gyeongbokgung Palace
* Inquiry: +82-2-720-7595
|Small cars (16 seats or less): 2,000 won for
the first two hours.
Medium and large cars (more than 16 seats): 4,000 won for the first two hours.
Additional 500 won for every 15 minutes thereafter.
|Foreign Language Intepretation Services|
English 10:00 / 14:00
Chinese 10:00 / 14:00
Japanese 12:00 / 16:00
* Phone-reservation required at least 3 days before for group visitors (up to 30 people) or for request for a docent.
* Reservation center is closed on every Monday.
* Inquiries: +82-2-729-0300
|Info. Services for Koreans|
10:00, 12:00, 14:00, 16:00
※ Phone-reservation required at least 3 days before for group visitors (up to 30 people) or for request for docent.
|Reservation for Foreigners|
|* Phone-reservation must be made in advance for group visitors (20+ people) and request for foreign language docent service.
Gyeongbokgung Station (Seoul Subway Line 3), Exit 4.
- Walk toward Gyeongbokgung Palace and turn left onto Hyoja-ro.
- Walk ahead for about 800m and Cheongwadae Sarangchae will be across the fountain.
1. Get off at Hankook Ilbo Bus Stop then walk for about 20 min (1.4km).
- Take local bus 1500, 272, 106, 708, 8272, 7022, 7025, or 9710.
2. Get off at Gyeongbokgung Bus Stop then walk for about 15 min (1km).
- Take local bus 171, 272, 708, 109, 601, 1020, or 7025.
3. Get off at Bus Transfer Center at Seoul Station (Seoul Subway Line 1), Exit 9.
- Walk for about 5 min (350m) to make a bus transfer at the bus stop by taking local bus 1711 or 7016. Get off at Hyoja-dong Bus Stop and walk for another 5 min (350m).
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)