|Petite France (쁘띠프랑스)|
|VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.|
|After travelling 10 km along the lakeside road from Cheongpyeong Dam, in the direction of Namiseom Island, you will come across a cluster of white, exotic buildings on the left-hand hillside. From its outward appearance, it would appear to be a village that belongs on the Mediterranean coast or in a pastoral area of the Piedmont Alps. This is Petite France, a French cultural village set in the Korean countryside!
Petite France serves as both a French cultural village and a youth training facility (Goseong Youth Training Center), and consists of 16 French-style buildings where visitors can lodge and experience French food, clothing, and household culture.
The concept of Petite France encapsulates ‘flowers, stars, and the Little Prince.’ The village contains a memorial hall dedicated to Saint-Exupery, the author of the celebrated French novel, Le Petit Prince (1943) and as such it is called the Little Prince theme park. It also has a gallery displaying sculptures and paintings of le coq gaulois (the Gallic rooster), the national symbol of France; Orgel House where a 200-year-old music box plays a sweet melody; a shop that sells herbal and aromatic products; a souvenir shop; and many other locales where you can experience French culture. The village can accommodate up to 200 visitors with 34 guest rooms that hold four to ten people each.
Enjoy the marionette experience and hear percussion instruments from around the world, and also enjoy soap bubble experience.
|TV drama 'Beethoven Virus', ‘Secret Garden’ and ‘My Love from the Star’ filming location|
|1. Saint-Exupery Memorial Hall: Displays the life of Saint-Exupery, who was a noted author in France, and the writing process of The Little Prince novel.
2. Orgel House: View the orgels (musicbox) collected from all over European countries and enjoy the sound.
3. France Traditional House Exhibition Hall: Experience the 19 century’s French culture inside France Traditional House.
4. Antique Exhibit Hall: Enjoy and purchase antique items, puppets and porcelain from Europe, including France.
5. Marionette Dance Performance: Shows the dance show of marionette of the Czech Republic.
6. Puppet play: A European play for children, comprised of a Guignol and marionette, French and Czech traditional puppets respectively.
7. Appreciating an orgel: Offer an explanation regarding the history of orgels.
8. Plaster art exhibition: Visitors can create plaster arts, painted by themselves with shapes such as the Little Prince or the Eiffel Tower.
* Last admission: 1 hour before closing
Saint-Exupery Memorial Hall, Orgel House, France Traditional Exhibition Hall, Antique Exhibition Hall, Europe Puppet House, French traditional games, gallery
Puppet Theater, outdoor theater, Petite Event Hall
Filming location of ‘Beethoven Virus’, Butterfly Park, Love’s bell, studio, accommodation, water fountain square, observatory, etc.
won / Group: 6,000 won
Youths: 6,000 won / Group: 5,000 won
Children: 5,000 won / Group: 4,000 won
* Group: 20 people or more
Seoul Bus Terminal or Sangbong Bus Terminal.
Take an intercity bus to Cheongpyeong (청평).
From Cheongpyeong Terminal, take a local bus bound for Goseong-ri (고성리).
* Bus Schedule: 06:30-20:00, runs 9 times a day
Or, from the Cheongpyeong Terminal, take Gapyeong Tour Bus to Petite France.
* Bus Schedule: 08:30-17:30, runs 7 times a day