|Jirisan National Park (Jirisan Mountain Nogodan Peak) (지리산국립공원 [지리산 노고단])|
|VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.|
|On December 29, 1967 Jirisan Mountain (지리산) was designated Korea’s top national park. Jirisan is the largest mountain national park in the nation. You can get a full view of the Seomjingang River (섬진강), which runs alongside the mountain and into the Namhae Sea. If you’re lucky you can also spot some various plants and animals, including the Asiatic Black Bear, making Jirisan Mountain an even more interesting and inviting place to visit.
As Jirisan Mountain changes with the different seasons, hikers can enjoy various aspects of the mountain’s terrain. However, there can be heavy rain and snow in the summer and winter, so some areas will be closed off in case of drastic changes in the weather and temperature. In the spring and fall, you can explore the mountain relatively freely. However, access may be limited to some areas for fear of forest fires in the dry season.
If you want to hike up Jirisan Mountain it is recommended that you visit the homepage of the Korea National Park Service or contact the Jirisan Mountain Management Office before planning your trip.
|Jirisan National Park Admin Office +82-55-972-7771~2
Jirisan National Park Nambu (southern) Admin Office +82-61-780-7700
Jirisan National Park Bukbu (northern) Admin Office +82-63-630-8900
|Open all year long|
|Mountain Not Access Period|
|Spring fire watch period (subject to change by year): Feb 16-Apr 30 / Nov 5-Dec 15.
※ Find more details at the official website.
|Areas Open to the Public|
|The information is subject to change by year (some area and/or route may be closed), therefore recommeded to check details at the official website depending on your schedule of visit.|
|* Jongju Trail (종주코스; 14 hrs 30 min / 25.5
km): Nogodan Peak (노고단) -> Byeoksoryeong Shelter (벽소령대피소) ->
Seseok Shelter (세석대피고) -> Jangteomok Shelter (장터목대피소) -> Cheonwangbong
* Baemsagol Valley Trail (뱀사골계곡코스; 4 hr 20 min / 9.2 km): Banseon (반선) -> Baemsagol Visitor Information Center (뱀사골탐방안내소) -> Yoryongdae (요룡대) -> Byeongso (병소) -> Ganjangso (간장소) -> Baemsagol Visitor Information Center (뱀사골탐방안내소) - Hwagaejae Pass (화개재)
* Manbokdae Trail (만복대코스; 3 hrs / 5.4 km): Seongsamjae trail entrance (성삼재 탐방로 입고) -> Dangchigogae (당치고개) -> Goribong Peak (고리봉) -> Myobonchi (묘봉치) -> Manbokdae Summit (만복대정상)
* Hwaeom Valley Trail (화엄계곡코스; 4 hrs / 7 km): Hwaeomsa Temple (화엄사) -> Yeongiam Temple (연기암) -> Jungjae Pass (중재) -> Munenggi (무넹기)
* Piagol Trail (피아골코스; 5 hrs / 8.8 km): Yeongok Visitor Information Center (연곡탐방지원센터) -> Jikjeon Village (직전마을) -> Pyogomakteo (표고막터) -> Piagol Shelter (피아골대피소) -> Piagol Samgeori intersection (피아골삼거리)
* Banyabong Peak Trail (반야봉코스; 3 hrs 30 min / 5.5 km): Nogodangogae (노고단고개) -> Imgeollyeong (임걸령) -> Norumok (노루목) -> Banyabong Peak (반야봉)
* Nogodan Trail (노고단코스; 1 hr / 4.7 km): Seongsamjae parking lot (성삼재주차장) -> Munenggi (무넹기) -> Nogodan Shelter (노고단대피소) -> Nogodangogae (노고단고개)
* Cheoneunsa Temple Trail (천은사코스; 3 hrs / 10 km): Cheonun ticket booth (천은매표소) -> Cheonunsa Temple (천은사) -> Siamjae Rest Area (시암재휴게소) -> Seongsamjae Pass (성삼재)
Adults 1,600-2,000 won / Teens 1,200-1,500 won / Children 800-1,000 won
※ Separate parking fee applies (the fee is set price per day)
※ Separate fee for electricity use: per day, 3,000 won for low season and 4,000 won for peak season.
Modern style 7,000-8,000 won / traditional style 5,000 won
※ Traditional style: except ‘Chibanmok and Piagol’, others are rebuilt to modern form. * Please confirm in advance as information is subject to change.
|Small-sized 2,000 won
Mid-sized 4,000~5,000 won
Large-sized 6,000~7,500 won
※ Regular shuttle bus can park free of charge. (except for vehicles with monthly parking submission)
Bus (Seoul – Gurye) runs from Seoul Nambu Terminal from 07:30 to 19:30, 7 times a day, takes 4 hours.
→ Take a bus for Seongsamjae and Nogodan at Gurye Bus Terminal and get off at Seongsamjae Parking Lot. (Bus runs 8 times a day at 04:00,06:00, 08:20, 10:20, 11:40, 13:30, 15:40, and 17:40, takes about 50 minutes to 1 hour.)