|Ogyeonjeongsa House (옥연정사)|
|VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.|
|Ogyeonjeongsa House (옥연정사), located at the foot of Buyongdae Cliff in Andong’s Hahoe Village, was built by Ryu Seong-yong, a minister during the Joseon period. The construction started in 1576 (the 9th year of King Seonjo’s reign) and was completed in 1586 (the 19th year of King Seonjo’s reign). After the end of the Imjinwaeran (the Japanese invasion of Korea in 1592), war memoirs called ‘Jingbirok’ were written here. To get to Ogyeonjeongsa House, you will need to cross the river by ferry. Even though the house is not extravagant, you can enjoy the humble beauty of a traditional Korean house, complementing the natural beauty of the surrounding cliffs, river, and forest.
* Sesimjae School (세심재)
This private school has a Gamrokheon wooden floor in the middle with adjacent rooms on both sides.
* Wolnakjae House (원락재)
Wolnakjae means ‘waiting for a friend.’ In this house, the minister Ryu Seong-yong wrote his war memoirs called Jingbirok.
* Hands-on Center
Sesimjae (two rooms (4 persons or less per room), Gamrokheon wooden floor)
Wolnakjae (one room for 8 or less persons, Aeoheon wooden floor)
|Important Folklore Material No. 88|
|N/A (Open all year round)|
| Hanok Stay (Traditional
* Sesimjae (Max. occupancy: 2-4 people)
- 2 rooms + Gamnokheon Maru (floor)
- Room rates: 120,000 won for 1 person / 50,000 won for additional person
* Wollakjae (Max.occupancy: 4 people)
- A large room + Aeoheon Maru (floor)
- Room rates: 200,000 won for 2 persons / 50,000 won for additional person
* Reservation: Tel: +82-17-526-0410 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Check-in time: 14:00 / Check-out time: 11:00
* Breakfast served.
|Reservation Info. for Foreigners|
|It is recommended to make reservations a week in advance.|
|Baby Stroller Rentals|
|From Andong Bus Terminal/Andong Station, take Bus 76 (bound for Hahoe Village).
Get off at Gwangdeok (광덕) and walk 20min to Ogyeonjeongsa House (옥연정사).
From Andong Bus Terminal/Andong Station, take Bus 46 to Hahoe Village (하회마을).
From Hahoe Village, take the ferry to Ogyeonjeongsa House (옥연정사).
* Bus 46 Info: 06:20-18:20, runs 10 times a day
* Ferry Info: Round-trip ticket: 3,000 won
※ Ferry is available on weekends & holidays only. (not available in winter)