|Tomb of King Suro (수로왕릉)|
|King Suro founded the Garak Kingdom in A.D. 42 and married Heo Hwang-ok, a princess from the Indian country of Ayuta, in A.D. 48. He was the founder of the Gimhae Kim family. Heo Yeop, a Yeongnam governor, gave the tomb its current look in the 13th year of the reign of King Seonjo (1580). The tomb compound includes various buildings, including the Sungseonjeon (where the ancestral tablets of King Suro and his queen are kept), Anhyanggak, Jeonsacheong, and Jegigo, as well as stone structures, such as a sindobi (tombstone) and gongjeokbi (monument established to pay homage the deceased). The tombstone in front of the royal tomb was built in the 25th year of the reign of King Injo (1647) of the Joseon Dynasty. The name 'Sungseonjeon' was bestowed on the tomb by King Gojong in the 21st year of his reign (1884).|
|Historical Site No.73 (Designated January 21, 1963)|
* Nov.-Feb.: 09:00-17:00
|38 parking spaces
|1,000 won per an hour|
|Interpretation Services Offered|
* Reservation required. Tel: +82-55-338-1330
|From Gimhae Intercity Bus Terminal, take a taxi
to the Tomb of King Suro (5-10min).
Take Bus 8, 30, 44, 97 or 98, and get off at the Tomb of King Suro.