goto content

Korea Banner (Left)

Region » HUFS Foreign Language Training and Testing Center (한국외국어대학교 한국어문화교육원)


HUFS Foreign Language Training and Testing Center (한국외국어대학교 한국어문화교육원)   
  • no image
  • no image
  • no image
  • no image
  • no image
270 Imun-dong, Dongdaemun-gu, Seoul
Website (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
Hankuk University of Foreign Languages (HUFS) is one of the leading private universities in Korea with 50 years of experience in teaching foreign languages. This university specialized in foreign languages opened the language center in 1992 for the benefit of foreigners and overseas Koreans who wish to learn the Korean language. For the past 15 years, this language institution has taught Korean language for students from 18 different countries around the world. HUFS also runs regular undergraduate (Dept. of Korean Language Education) and Graduate (Dept. of Korean Lang & Lit, Teaching Korean as a Foreign Language) programs including programs in the Graduate School of Education (Teaching Korean as a Foreign Language) to nuture outstanding talent in the education and teaching of the Korean language. Over fifty years of methodology, talent and experience makes HUFS Foreign Language Training and Testing Center a quality place to learn the Korean language.
Intensive Language Course: This regular Korean Language Course is open to foreign students and ethnic Koreans living overseas. Each class has placement for 6-12 students. (One semester lasts for 10 weeks, approximately 200 hours, Monday through Friday, 4 hours per day between 09:00-13:00. There are 6 stages to the program and the usual number of students is 7-12)
Short-term Course: This is open to foreigners and ethnic Koreans living overseas for a short course during the summer and winter and is program lasting four weeks, training students in the spoken and written language. (Monday through Friday, between 09:00-13:00, 7~12 students per class)
University students, graduates, high school graduates or of higher standing
Required Documents
* Required Documents
1. Application Form (link) (attach photo)→ 3x4cm
2. Certificate of Graduation from last school attended (English)
3. A copy of Passport (page with photo)
4. A Sponsorship Letter (notarized, only required for D-4 student visa issuance)

**Required Documents for Chinese Language Students**
1. Application Form (photo, name and address in English), statement of purpose
2. Certificate of Graduation from Final School (original copy)
3. Academic Transcript covering all the years in final school (original)
4. A copy of passport
5. A Sponsorship Letter a certificate of employment under applicant's name (original) or other financial documents
6. Financial documents
1) Certificates substantiating parent(s)' employment or annual income (original copies), Hogubu and copy of ID card (student and parents)
2) Certificate of Bank Balance under the student's name (original copy) (Min USD 3,000 or Yuan equivalent to USD 3,000)

※ As it normally takes two months for the entire registration process, please make sure that you send all the required documents at least two months prior to the first day of class.
Intensive Program: approx. 1.4 million won (including registration fee for new students/not refundable)
Short-term Program: 853,000won (4 weeks)
Applicants should obtain a student visa or a training visa (visa status C-3 or D-4). It takes about a week or longer, depending on where you are, to get a 90-day student visa at the Embassy or Consulate office.
After 90 days in Korea, applicants may extend their visa as long as they continue to study at the Korean Language Program. People who enter Korea with a tourist visa cannot extend or change the visa status in the country.

General Short-Term Visa (C-3)
This visa is generally called a tourist visa or a visiting visa. Students who are planning to study at the language institute for only one term (10 weeks) may apply for the C-3 visa. This visa is good for 3 months (90 days) and can be issued immediately upon application at either a Korean Embassy or Consulate office. The carrier of this visa should coordinate his/her length of study in Korea within the effective days of the visa so as to avoid risking visa expiration during the course of study.
General Student Visa (D-4)
Students who are planning to study for more than one term should apply for the D-4 visa. This visa is usually good for 6 months at a time and can be renewed within Korea. Since this visa takes approximately 1 month to process upon application at either a Korean Embassy or Consulate office, students should apply for this visa at least 2 months before leaving for Korea.

D-4 Visa Application Procedure for Chinese Students
Chinese Students normally apply for a six month D-4 visa as the 90 day C-3 visa is often rejected. Chinese students will need to come to the school administrative office to submit the required documents to the school administration and the school will issue a letter of admission after document screening process. The sponsor or guardian providing the letter of Sponsorship must come to a Korean Immigration Office with the necessary documents including an admissions letter (adademic documents, financial documents etc) to apply for a recognitition of visa issuance. It normally takes 3-4 weeks from application to visa issuance for the Immigration office to review the documents and issue the recognition of visa issuance. Once the recognition of visa issuance (granted with a number is issued, the student will be notified of this number and get the visa from a Korean consulate office in China.
1. Dormitory
The 5th floor of the center and the Kyunghee Mansion are available as dormitory. The fifth floor of the center accommodates two persons per room for a monthly fee of 200,000won per student (4 weeks). The Kyunghee Mansion charges 250,000won per month for a room for four, for 4 weeks. The two accommodation facilities are run based on prior reservations.
2. Boarding Houses (Hasuk) and Studio
The center provides useful information for students looking for a place to stay around the university. The cost of boarding house is around 350,000won per month (a room for two) and at least two meals are provided per day (breakfast, dinner).
3. Gosiwon (Rooms with a Desk and a Bed)
The Center provides information on Gosiwon to students upon request. Gosiwon cost range 250,000~350,000won per month. Gosiwons are convenient as they provide a shared kitchen for cooking and a laundry area.
Registration Cancelation
Before first day of term: 85% of tuition refundable
- during the first week of term: 50% of tuition refundable
- after the first week of term: no refund
(application charges are not refundable)
Local Transportation
Subway Line 2 Sinchon Station. Take Bus 7024 in front of Exit 2 or 3 and get off at the backgate of Ewha Womens' University → KLI

Quick Menu Quick Menu