|Seoul National University Language Education Institute (서울대학교 언어교육원)|
|VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.|
|The Korean Language & Culture Program (KLCP) was first developed by the Language Education Institute in 1969 to provide intensive Korean language training to foreign students admitted to Korean universities and to others interested in learning about Korean language and culture. Since then, over 13,000 students from more than 70 countries have graduated from the KLCP, and the program has grown to annually enroll about 1,700 students. KLCP courses are taught in classroom that are equipped with modern instructional technology. Multimedia labs are available for computer-based learning, listening practice, and speech analysis. The computer lab can be accessed by any student of the LEI, where students can check emails and enjoy various curricular and extra-curricular activities. The multi-media room facilities also helps students practice listening as well as recording and analyzing their own speech for both accurate pronunciation and intonation.|
|*Regular Program: There are 4 terms in a year and each term lasts for 10 weeks. Applicants are required to take placement tests at announced dates (75mins of writing test, 10 of interview) and confirmation of class will be announced at 9AM on the first day of the term.
Korean language course range from beginner to advanced levels, in 6 different levels depending on proficiency (12 students per class/Monday - Friday, 4 hours for 5 days a week) of the student.
*Special/Morning, Evening, Research, Summer Programs
Afternoon, Evening Classes: There are 4 terms per year with each lasting 10 weeks (level 1 to 4)-this program is designed for those who already received visa. Student cannot be qualified for visa for attending this program. Research Class: This is fit for students who have completed all the 6 levels of the regular program or have equivalent command of the Korean language who wish to acquire academic or employment-level proficiency.
Teacher training programs and summer programs are also offered.
|A high school diploma or its equivalent.|
|1. Application Form
2. Statement of Purpose (Korean or English)
3. Academic transcripts of last school attended, certificate of graduation (notarization required for last schools attended in China)
4. Resume and self-introduction (Korean or English)
5. A copy of passport (first page with photograph)
6. Application Fee: 50,000won (not refundable)
7. D-4 Application Documents for Chinese Students
1) Hogubu and copy of ID Card (student and parent)
2) Statement of Bank Balance under student's name (original copy)
(Min USD 3,000 or Chinese Yuan equivalent to USD 3,000)
3) A Sponsorship Letter and a Certificate of Incumbency of Sponsor (original)
※ It normally takes two months for Chinese students to get a D-4 visa. Make sure that you submit all the required documents at least two months before the start of a term.
|application forms received >> document screening>> notify result & inform registration procedure>>pay tuition>>admission letter issued>> inform start date of academic program|
|Regular Course:1.32 million won
Afternoon/Evening Class: 500,000won (50% discount for university staff)
Research Class: 1,056,000won
20% discount for students completing all 6 levels of regular program at LEI
Summer Program: 1.3 million won (text books, cultural experience cost included)
Teacher Training Program: 1.25 million won (admissions charge included)
|Students admitted to the LEI are eligible to apply for either the normal short-term C-3 or D-4 student visa. However, we advise Chinese students to apply for a D-4 visa as C-3 visa is often rejected.
- C-3 visa is valid for 90 days and are issued immediately upon application. Once entering the country, students can submit the certificate of enrollment and other documents to the Immigration Office to transfer their visa status to D-4.
- To get a D-4 visa, a notarized Affidavit of Guarantee/Support, documents substantiating financing of tuition should be submitted to the Immigration Office or a Korean embassy or consulate in your country of residence. As it normally takes a month to get the visa, it is advised that students apply for the visa well in advance of their arrival to Korea.
- D-4 Visa Application Procedure for Chinese Students
Chinese Students normally apply for a six month D-4 visa as the 90 day C-3 visa is often rejected. Chinese students will need to come to the school administrative office to submit the required documents to the school administration and the school will issue a letter of admission after document screening process. The sponsor or guardian providing the letter of Sponsorship must come to a Korean Immigration Office with the necessary documents including an admissions letter (adademic documents, financial documents etc) to apply for a recognitition of visa issuance. It normally takes 3-4 weeks from application to visa issuance for the Immigration office to review the documents and issue the recognition of visa issuance. Once the recognition of visa issuance (granted with a number is issued, the student will be notified of this number and get the visa from a Korean consulate office in China.
- Please inquire to the Immigration Office to apply for a D-4 visa in Korea.
- Application: on-line or personal visit (fill out form)
-Students will be notified of dormitory eligibility three weeks before classes begin
-Room allocation: first come first served basis (order of application)
-Pay deposit after receiving email on the payment details
-All payments need to be settled before moving in
-Any student who did not get a room in a given semester should try again in the subsequent semester. It is possible to extend the period of stay.
Boarding Houses (Hasuk) and Studio
- Location: Sillim-dong or Bongcheon-dong area near Seoul National University (SNU)
- Transpotation: Walking, bus, SNU shuttle bus (within 15~20mins)
- Expenses: Boarding House (Hasuk): 350,000~50,000won (1 month)/Studio-type: cash deposit 10million
won/350,000~500,000won(1 month) or 600,000~700,000won for no cash deposit
|Cancellations are accepted until the first week of each term. No refunds or cancellations are possible after the first week. Students must hand in an application form for cancellation and original copies of the admissions letter and a copy of the student' bank passbook. (refund before first day of term:90%, first week of term: 70%)|
|* Airport Shuttle Bus Guide
Incheon Airport → University: app.90~95mins trip (6,500won)
Gimpo Airport → University: 60~65mins trip (2,500won)(bus interval every 20mins/fare may vary)
|Bus: 5517, 5613, 6511, 5614, 6512, 6513, 750, 5528, 6514, 5522, 501, 502, 5518, 5411, 603, Seoul National University Main Gate, walk 10mins toward College of Business Administration (approx.200m)
Subway: Subway Line 2 Seoul National University, Exit 3 → Bus (#5511, 5512, 5513)