|Korea Culture House (KOUS) (한국문화의집)|
|VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.|
|The Korea Culture House (KOUS) opened in April 2003 to introduce Korea’s traditional culture and provide a series of experience programs to both tourists visiting Korea and foreigners already residing in Korea.
The Korea Culture House comprises a traditional arts performance stage, traditional culture workshops, a traditional teahouse, and a cultural products store. The Traditional Arts Performance Stage has been designed in the shape of a Norimadang (traditional Korean performance stage).
Performances are held everyday at 8:00pm except on Sundays. The Traditional Culture Workshop currently offers a variety of experience programs including handcrafts. Telephone reservations are required for large groups of 30 people or more. KOUS also provides a traditional teahouse and a cultural products store for visitors to enjoy.
* Experience Programs
- Make Knot Accessories 15,000 won
- Needle Sewing Arts 15,000 won
- Make Hanji (Korean paper) Ornaments 15,000 won
- Make Ceramic Cups 20,000 won
- Patterned Fan Coloring 10,000 won
- Rubbed Copy Program 10,000 won
- Taekgyeon (traditional military martial arts) 10,000 won
- Traditional Korean Bongsan Masked Dance 10,000 won
- Learn Pungmul (traditional Korean percussions) 10,000 won
|160 seats on first floor / 76 seats on second floor|
|* Traditional entertainment program: Pungmul (folk music), mask dance, taekgyeon (traditional martial art), minyo (folk song)
* Arts and crafts program: Hanji (Korean paper) craft, knotting, embroidery, and drawing minhwa (folk painting)
* Subject to change depending on season and conditions. Please inquiry via phone.
( it is not only for performance spot so use transportaion if possible)
|+82-2-3011-1788 (Korean, English)|
|KOUS is located in Daechi-dong. You will need to take Subway Line 2 to Samseong Station, proceed out of Exit #4 and walk straight for 10 meters. KOUS is a 3min walk from ASEM Tower, the tall glass building beside the COEX.|
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)