|Charmsori Gramophone & Edison Science Museum (참소리축음기 & 에디슨과학박물관)|
|VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.|
Charmsori Gramophone & Edison Science Museum founded by Son Seongmok is the largest gramophone museum in the world. It has a collection of 4,500 phonographs, 150,000 phonograph records, 1,000 books, and 5,000 items from 20 nations.
1) World of Sound: The place for history of Sound. It displays gothic and renaissance organs, music boxes, radios and record players.
2) World of Image: The place for silent films and biography films of masterminds and Edison. It displays Edison projectors and televisions, especially one made by Baird, John Logie (1888.8.13 ~ 1946.6.14) in 1925.
3) World of Light: Displays items from Gas lamps to the original light bulb that Edison made, an electric generator of those days, the bamboo filament light bulb and the first wall-attached electric lamp. The wall-attached electric lamp is the part of the collection that was successfully accepted at Sotheby's auction in 1992.
4) Edison Invention Hall: Displays 850 inventions of Edison's, including t three of his greatest inventions - phonographs, light bulbs and projectors. Also on display are autographed letters and articles used by Edison.
5) EDISON & H.FORD Hall : The battery car invented by Edison, "T" car by Ford, Henry and Grants Ham by HMV, phonograph company in England can be found here.
|Facilities for the Handicapped|
|Wheelchair ramp, reserved parking spaces, elevator, separate restrooms|
|Admission / Participation Fees|
won / Group: 6,000 won
Youths: 6,000 won / Group: 5,000 won
Children: 5,000 won / Group: 3,500 won
* Group: 30 or more people
Advanced reservation is required for groups of over 30 people.
|Take an intercity
bus to Gangneung Intercity Bus Terminal.
From Gangneung Terminal, take bus 202.
Get off at Gyeongpodae and walk 200m to the museum.
(Korean, English, Chinese)