|Namsan Library (남산도서관)|
|VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.|
Opening its doors in 1922, Namsan Library has enjoyed a long prosperous history. Located in the heart of Seoul, many people visit to search for research materials or to study. The numerous dictionaries or statistics and other reference sources make it the representative library of Korea.
Comprised of five levels, the library can accommodate a variety of needs. The first floor is made up of the supervisor's office, exhibit hall, restaurant and snack bar. On the second floor, one can find the Periodical Room, the electronic information room and the audiovisual study room. The lounge and smoking room are also on the second floor. The language room and the reading room are on the third floor. The corner displaying domestic and foreign schoolbooks is especially eye catching. Both the Sociology Study Room and the reading room are on the fourth and fifth floors respectively.
If you visit Namsan Library, try to visit the other tourist sites nearby. There are plenty of places see. One such attraction is Namsangol Hanok Village where you can see traditional Korean houses and the traditional lifestyles of the past. Also nearby is Namdaemun Market, the patriot An Jung-Geun Memorial, the National Theater of Korea and the Botanical Gardens. Luxury hotels such as the Hilton Hotel and Shilla Hotel are within walking distance, so tourists staying overnight should keep that in mind.
|Parking lot, Lounge, Smoking room, Restaurant, Snack Bar|
|- Level 1: library
director's office, administrative supporting team, information material team , showroom, reception desk, book
return desk, cafes, restaurants & shops
- Level 2: Serials publication room , Electronic Information , moving library , audio-visual room , lounge, employment Information Corner , Seminar Room 2
- Level 3: language and literature rooms, reading and cultural promotion , Seminar Room 1 , Namsan Library History , International data section , lockers
- Level 4: natural science lab , Humanities and Social science lab , textbook section, old documents exhibition room
- Level 5: Reading rooms 1 and 2, reading consulting desks, literature education center
|Admission / Participation Fees|
1) Seoul Station (Seoul Subway Line 1), Exit 9-1.
Take Bus 402 or 0014 and get off at Namsan Library Bus Stop. or Exit 4, take Bus 405 in front of Sungnyemun Gate
2) Seoul Station (Seoul Subway Line 1), Exit 4.
- Take Bus 400 and get off at Namsan Library Bus Stop.
3) City Hall Station (Seoul Subway Line 1 & 2), Exit 8.
- From Samsung main Building, take bus 402 then get off at Namsan Library stop.
4) Hoehyeon Station (Seoul Subway Line 4), Exit 5.
- Walk straight and pass Yeonse accessories store.
- Walk with Namsanyukgyo (pedestrian overpass) on your right.
- Walk straight heading to see Hana Bank.
- Get on bus 402 or 405 in front of Sungnyemun Gate.
|nslib.sen.go.kr (Korean only)|