|Chongdong Theater (정동극장)|
|VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.|
|Chongdong Theater is the representative traditional arts performance theater of Korea. With diverse cultural facilities, Chongdong Theater has become a popular tourist attraction. The main program of Chongdong Theater is the Traditional Arts Performance. The Traditional Arts Performance is presented everyday, and has become a place where traditional arts are introduced to foreigner
Chongdong Theater's outdoor courtyard, Ssamji Madang, has become a cultural site for the public. Special event performances usually take place there. Art decorates the walls of the Chongdong Theater lobby, turning it into a small art gallery that visitors can appreciate while they are waiting for their performance to begin. The art featured always has a certain theme and the theme changes periodically. Inside the building, brochures explaining the performance schedules are available. Inside the theater is a wall painting named 'Myths of Planets, Plays, Vision.' The picture contains the soft colors and balances of Italian marble, and it expresses the multitudes of cultural differences. Don't forget to take a look at it on the way to your performance.
|344 seats (including 4 seats for visitors with disabilities)|
|* 1st Floor
1) Ssamji Courtyard
- Free performances are held during lunchtime in spring and fall.
2) Restaurant 'Gilji'
- Menu: Pasta, Steak, Risotto, Coffee, and Tea
- Operating Hours: 11:00-23:00
- Inquiries: +82-2-319-7083
* 2nd Floor
- Performance Hall, Lobby, Customer Center/Ticket Booth, and Souvenir Shop
- Ticketing Hours: Available starting from 1 hour prior to performance.
* Art Shop
- Main items: Souvenirs related to the performance 'Miso' & traditional Korean crafts
- Operating Hours: Open from 1 hour prior to performance, and closed after the performance.
|Facilities for the Handicapped|
|Wheelchair lift, reserved seats|
|Limited parking space. Use of public transportation recommended.|
1) Seodaemun Station (Seoul Subway Line 5), Exit 5.
Go straight 300m and turn right at the Jeongdong 4-way Intersection.
Continue going straight (450m), until you see the Chongdong Theater on the left.
2) City Hall Station (Seoul Subway Line 1, 2), Exit 12.
Walk 400m, following the stonewall road along Deoksugung Palace.
Chongdong Theater is located on the right side.
(Korean, English, Chinese, Japanese)