|Donggang River Rafting (Yeongwol) (동강 래프팅 (영월))|
|VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.|
|Yeongwol’s Donggang River is one of the top three rafting places in Korea, the other top three being Hantangang River and Naerincheon Stream. Each river has distinguished characteristics, so it is recommended to search for information like nearby attractions based on travel. Donggang River features breathtaking scenery comparable to Guilin in China.
The area called Donggang River includes Seogang River (Pyeongchanggang River), where Joyanggang River meets Dongnamcheon Stream and Yeongwol-gun. The river is a typical meandering stream with a limestone riverbed.
|From April to November (Varies year to year)|
|* Route A: Munsan Naruteo (Ferry) → Seopse Riverside (10 km / 3 hr)
* Route B: Jintan Naruteo (Feery) → Seopse Riverside (13 km / 4 hr)
* Route C: Goseongunchi-ri → Seopse Riverside (30 km / 8 hr)
* Route D: Gossi Cave → Chungbuk Gyeonggye (boundary) (8 km / 2 hr)
|Train : Get off at Yeongwol train station
Bus : Get off at Yeongwol Bus station.
- Dong Seoul terminal : departure time 06:10 (operates 20 times a day until 19:00)
- Chuncheon terminal : departure time 06:40 (operates 15 times a day until 18:40)
- Wonju terminal : departure time 06:40 (operates 24 times a day until 20:50)
- Jecheon terminal : departure time 06:20 (operates 60 times a day until 21:50)
- Gangneung terminal: departure time 05:50 (operates 20 times a day until 18:10)