|Hwanseongul Cave (환선굴)|
|VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.|
|Hwanseongul Cave is the biggest lime stone cave in Korea. Its length is 6.5
km and it features fantastic stalagmites, stalactites, and about 10 lakes and waterfalls. Some spots of interest include stalactites that look like the Great Wall of China and many other uniquely shaped figures.
The mercury inside of the cave keeps it at a cool 12-24℃ in the summer and 8-9℃ in the winter. It takes about 30-40 minutes to the entrance and approximately one hour to look around the cave. Keep in mind that the steep slope at the entrance may be difficult for the elderly and young children.
|Natural Monument No.178|
|Every 18th of the month|
|- On foot: Approx. 2 hrs (From the ticket office to the entrance: Round trip 1 hr / Viewing 1 hr)
- Monorail: Approx. 1 hr 40 min (From the ticket office to the entrance: Round trip 40 min / Viewing 1 hr)
※ Monorail travel time: Approx. 17 min round trip (One-way approx. 6 min)
|Winter (Nov-Feb): 09:00-16:00
Summer (Mar-Oct): 08:30-17:00
(Last admission: 30 min before closing)
|Free of charge|
Adults: 4,000 won / Children: 2,000 won
Adults: 7,000 won / Children: 2,000 won
* Operated on first-come, first-served basis.
* Travel time: Approx. 17 min (one-way trip: 6 min)
* 40 people for passenger max.
* No group discounts or special offers available.
- One-way ticket: Adults & Teenagers: 3,000 won / Children: 2,000 won
- Round-trip ticket: Adults & Teenagers: 5,000 won / Children: 3,000 won
- Max Occupancy: 40 people
- Travel time: 15 min (round-trip) / 7 min (one-way)
|Baby Stroller Rentals|
From Dong Seoul Bus Terminal, take an intercity bus to Samcheok.
From Samcheok Bus Terminal, take a local bus bound for Hwanseongul Cave.
Local bus schedule: 06:10, 08:20, 10:20, 14:20, 17:20, 18:50 / Travel time: 40 min
(Subject to change/ Inquiries: +82-33-572-2085)