goto content

  • sitemap
  • sign up
  • my page
  • visitkorea on Facebook
  • visitkorea on Twitter
  • visitkorea on YouTube
  • visitkorea on RSS


Korea Banner (Left)


Jeollanam-do » Jindo-gun » Ullimsanbang House (진도 운림산방)

print

Ullimsanbang House (진도 운림산방)   
Ullimsanbang House (...
Ullimsanbang House (...
prev  
  • Ullimsanbang House (...
  • Ullimsanbang House (진도 운림산방)
  • Ullimsanbang House (진도 운림산방)
  • Ullimsanbang House (진도 운림산방)
  • Ullimsanbang House (진도 운림산방)
  • Ullimsanbang House (진도 운림산방)
  • Ullimsanbang House (진도 운림산방)
  • Ullimsanbang House (진도 운림산방)
  • Ullimsanbang House (진도 운림산방)
  • Ullimsanbang House (진도 운림산방)
  • Ullimsanbang House (진도 운림산방)
  • Ullimsanbang House (진도 운림산방)
  • Ullimsanbang House (진도 운림산방)
next
view pictures
Address
315, Ullimsanbang-ro, Uisin-myeon, Jindo-gun, Jeollanam-do
전라남도 진도군 의신면 운림산방로 315
Type
Hanoks (Traditional Houses)
Inquiries
• 1330 tt call center: +82-61-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-61-540-3560, +82-61-543-0088 (Korean)
Homepage
eng.jindo.go.kr
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
Introduction
On the foot of Mt. Cheomchalsan (485m), bordering Ssangyesa Temple to the North, sits Ullimsanbang. The building was once a home to the famous artist, Heo Yu during his last years, after his master Kim Jeong-hee (1789~1856), a noted scholar, passed away.
Ullimsanbang is named after the romantic scenery of the mountain peaks nearby the Mt. Cheomchalsan appearing hazily amidst the foggy mist. According to Heo Yu’s writings, ‘Mongyeonrok’ once had various flowers and trees blossomed, but it had long been abandoned beyond recognition before undergoing restoration by his grandson, Heo Geon (1907~1987) in 1982.
Surrounding the Mt. Cheomchalsan, Ullimsanbang has a C-shaped tile-roofed house containing a workroom among numerous bedrooms. It houses a wooden cottage at the rear and the So-Chi (Heo Geon’s pen name) Memorial to the right. Many of Heo family’s artworks are displayed here. At the middle of the courtyard, a crape myrtle stands gracefully on a small six-meter island floating on a pond of lilies.

*Ullimsanbang was one of the filming locations for the movie, Scandal(2003). The scene where the three main actors were on a boat ride was shot here.
Current Status
Local Monument No. 51 (October 29, 1981)
Closed
Every Monday
Operating Hours
09:00 - 18:00
※ last admission is 30 min before closing
Parking Facilities
Available (free)
Admission Fees
Adults (19-64) 2,000 won  / Group 1,500 won
Youths (13-18) 1,000 won / Group 700 won
Children (7-12) 800 won / Group 500 won
*Group: 30 or more people
Restrooms
Available
Directions
Take an intercity bus from Central City Terminal (Seoul Express Bus Terminal station, Subway Line 3,7) to Jindo (Bus schedule: 07:35-16:35, runs 4 times a day / Estimated travel time: 4hrs 10min)

From Jindo Intercity Bus Terminal, take a bus to Sacheon-ri. (30-min ride)
(Bus schedule: 7:30, 10:30, 13:30, 16:30, 18:10) 

Related Tour Packages

Data not found
Shopping : no data found



Quick Menu Quick Menu

Reservation