|World Cup Park (월드컵공원)|
|VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.|
|The World Cup Park was built to commemorate the 17th FIFA World Cup. Opened in May 1st, 2002, the park was once a 15-year-old landfill that held over 92 million tons of garbage. It took 6 years to stabilize the waste (measures were taken to prevent the garbage runoff from contaminating the environment) and an additional year to build the actual park itself. The park is located near the Seoul World Cup stadium, and is made up of five smaller parks including the Pyeonghwa 'Peace' Park, Haneul 'Sky' Park, and Noeul 'Sunset' Park. The park takes up a 1.05 million-pyeong area and is usually crowded with in-line skaters.
* Pyeonghwa Park: Closest to the Seoul World Cup Stadium, it holds a pond, garden, children’s playground, and forest. It is often used as a picnic area and place for nature studies.
* Nanjicheon Park: The Nanjicheon Park was developed from the Nanji Stream, which flowed under the Haneul Park. It was once overflowing with sewage runoff from the nearby landfill, but it has since been beautifully restored into a beautiful park with clear water. It contains an outdoor stage and various sports facilities.
* Nanji Hangang Park: The Nanji Hangang Park was developed on the banks of the Han River. It contains a campground, soccer field, basketball court, grass field, cruise ship port, and an area for nature-studies.
* Haneul Park : Of the 5 World Cup Parks, the Haneul Park is at the highest elevation. Once a mountain of garbage, it is now a green hill with 22 lookout points offering breathtaking views of Soul City, Mt. Namsan, Mt. Bukhansan, and Mt. Gwanaksan. 5 wind-powered generators provide power to the park and the park’s maintenance office. During Eulalia Festival, the park is open until late in the evening
* Noeul Park: The Noeul Park contains a 9-hole golf course and takes up a vast area of land that was once a landfill. The park was constructed as grassland because too much development may have caused damage to the environment, due to the buried waste. It offers a scenic view of the Han River and its beautiful sunset.
* Operating hour
[Pyeonghwa Park & Ninjicheon Park]
Open all year round
[Haneul Park & Noeul Park]
Based on sunset time
- Jan 17:50 / Feb 18:20 / Mar 18:50 / Apr 19:20 / May 19:40 / Jun-Jul 19:50 / Aug 19:40 / Sep 19:00 / Oct 18:10 / Nov 17:30 / Dec 17:20
Park regulation time (*Last admission is 30 minute before park regulation.)
- Jan 20:00 / Feb 20:30 / Mar 21:00 / Apr-May 21:30 / Jun-Jul 22:00 / Aug 22:00 / Sep 21:00 / Oct 20:30 / Nov-Dec 19:30
|N/A (Open all year round)|
World Cup Stadium Station (Seoul Subway Line 6), Exit 1.
Cross the street and walk for 3- 5 min toward Mapo Agriculture-Fisheries Market.
At the right of the building, take the free shuttle (20 min interval).
* The bus stop is blocked by the Mapo Agriculture-Fisheries Market building.
World Cup Park Pavilion (departure) >> entrance of Nanjicheon Park >> top of Haneul Park >> central plaza of Nanjicheon Park >> parking lot of Nanjicheon Park >> World Cup Park Pavilion