|Pungnammun Gate (전주 풍남문)|
|VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.|
|Pungnammun Gate was built during the middle of the Joseon Dynasty (1768) and was designated Treasure No. 308. Of the original four gates, this is the only one left standing (located in the southern portion of the city). The structure was partially destroyed during the invasion of foreign forces from 1592-1598. It was later rebuilt in 1978. Jungcheung and mullu are located at the center of gate lending to the arch-like features. The round features aid in the protection capabilities of Pungnammun Gate, as well as the overall grandeur.|
|Treasure No.308 (designated on January 21, 1963)|
|N/A (Open all year round)|
|[Airport Limousine Bus]
Incheon International Airport ↔ Jeonju (3 hours and 50 minutes)
Gimpo International Airport ↔ Jeonju (3 hours and 20 minutes)
* The estimated travel time will vary depending on road traffic.
* Website: http://www.limusine.co.kr
* Inquiries: +82-63-282-5555
[Express Intercity Bus]
Gangnam Bus Terminal ↔ Jeonju (2 hours and 40 minutes)
Seoul Nambu Bus Terminal ↔ Jeonju (2 hours and 30 minutes)
Gwangju Bus Terminal ↔ Jeonju (1 hour 30 minutes)
Yongsan Station (KTX, Saemaul, Mugunghwa) ↔ Jeonju Station
* Website: http://www.korail.com
* Inquiries: +82-1544-7788, +82-1588-7788
1) From Jeonju Station, take bus 79 or 119.
- Get off at Jeondong Cathedral (전동성당)/Hanok Village (한옥마을) Bus Stop.
- Go straight 100m and turn right at the 4-way Intersection.
- Pungnammun Gate is 50m ahead.
2) From Jeonju Intercity / Express Bus Terminal, take bus 5-1 or 79.
- Get off at Jeondong Cathedral (Hanok Village).
It takes 15-20min by taxi from Jeonju Station or Jeonju Bus Terminal.