|VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.|
|Myeong-dong (명동) is one of the primary shopping districts in Seoul. The two main drags meet in the center of the block with one beginning from Myeong-dong Subway Station (Seoul Subway Line No. 4) and the other from Lotte Department Store at Euljiro. Many brand name shops and department stores line the streets and alleys. Common products for sale include clothes, shoes, and accessories. Unlike Namdaemun or Dongdaemun, many designer brands are sold in Myeong-dong. In addition, several major department stores include Lotte Department Store, Shinsegae Department Store, Myeong-dong Migliore, Noon Square and M Plaza. The department stores carry many premium labels and other fashionable goods at reasonable prices.
Myeong-dong also has family restaurants, fast food, plus Korean, Western and Japanese dining options. Many restaurants in Myeong-dong specialize in pork cutlet (donkas) and kalguksu (thick noodles). Other businesses include hair salons, banks and theaters. Myeongdong Catholic Church is also a well-known tourist attraction. It is pillar of the Catholic church in Korea and was built in the Gothic style. Behind the church is a quiet space for relaxation.
|Facilities for the Handicapped|
|* Handicapped Restroom: Located in Noon Square, Myeong-dong Cathedral, YWCA (new building), and a paid restroom by the four-way intersection in front of Pyeonghwa Broadcasting Corporation
* Parking lot: Most parking lots are paid services; a public parking lot is located in Namsan-dong, opposite of Myeong-dong Station.
* Transportation: Myeong-dong Station (Seoul Subway Line 4), Exit 1. - Wheelchair lift available
Euljiro 1(il)-ga Station (Seoul Subway Line 2), Exit 1. - Elevator available
|Interpretation Services Offered|
|Tourism Information: +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)|
Get off at Euljiro1(il)-ga Station and Lotte Department Bus Stop.
- Green Bus No. 7017, 7021, 7022
- Blue Bus No. 100, 143, 151, 152, 202, 261, 405, 701, 702A, 702B
- Express Bus No. 1005-1, 1150, 5000, 5005, 7900, 8800, 9000, 9001, 9003, 9007
- Red Bus No. 2500, 9401, 9701, M4101, M4102, M4108, 5115
- Airport Bus No. 6001, 6015
Get off Myeong-dong Station Bus Stop.
- Green Bus: No. 7011
- Blue Bus: No. 104, 105, 421, 463, 507, 604
- Express Bus: No. 1005-1, 1150, 5000, 5005, 5007, 5500, 5500-1, 5500-2, 8800, 9000, 9001, 9003, 9007
- Red Bus: No. M4101, M4102, M4108
- Airport Bus: No. 6001, 6015