|Byeonsanbando National Park (변산반도국립공원)|
Byeonsanbando National Park is a 35km stretch encompassing five townships along the coast. Designated as a national park in 1988, it is the only national park in the country that has both a seashore and mountainside.
The park is divided into two large sections: the shore area, called Oebyeonsan (Outer Mt. Byeonsan), and an inland area called Naebyeonsan (Inner Mt. Byeonsan). Chaeseokgang Cliffs and Byeonsan Beach are the main tourist attractions of Oebyeonsan. Located to the west of the Byeonsan Peninsula, Chaeseokgang Cliffs includes the rock wall and the sea. The sedimentary rocks formed by the waves over a long time look like piles of hundreds of thousands of books. With its fine sand, Byeonsan Beach is one of the top three beaches on the west coast. The pine forest along the beach attracts the most visitors. There are also many attractions at Naebyeonsan such as Jiksopokpo Waterfall and Gaeamsa Temple. Mt. Naebyeonsan (459m) is especially known for its waterfalls, valleys, and lush woodlands.
|Mountain Not Access Period|
|2012 Seasonal Forest Fire Watches by Park
02.16.2012 - 05.11.2012
※TBD by park directors based on fire weather advisories, snow/precipitation levels, and other local conditions.
|Natural Preservation Areas (closed to public)|
|* Gamaso Prayer House Three-Way Intersection: until 2026
* Bongnaegok Peak~Sajadong: until 2028
|Restricted Mountain Areas|
|* Sajadong 사자동 ~ Gamaso 가마소 ~ Udongni 우동리 (7.4km)
* Badeujae 바드재 ~ Yonggakbong Peak Samgeori (3-way Junc.) 용각봉삼거리 (1.9km)
* Sebong Peak Samgeori (Three-way Intersection) 세봉삼거리 ~ Gamaso 가마소 (1.9km)
* Sebong Peak 세봉 ~ Injangam 인장암 (1.5km)
* Manseokdong 만석동 ~ Gambul 감불 (3.8km)
* Eosudae 어수대 ~ Soeppulbawi Rock 쇠뿔바위 ~ The entrance to Naebyeonsan Mountain Prayer House 내변산기도원입구 (6.8km)
|Areas Open to the Public|
|* Wonam 원암 ~ Namyeochi 남여치 (7.8km)
* Naesosa Temple 내소사 ~ Jaebaegi Pass 재백이고개 (2.1km)
* Sajadong 사자동 ~ Bongnaegok Three-way Intersection 봉래곡삼거리 (1.4km)
* Gyeokpo 격포 ~ Dalgibong Peak 닭이봉 (0.8km)
* Naesosa Temple 내소사~ Gwaneumbong Peak 관음봉 ~ Sebong Peak 세봉 ~ Iljumun 일주문 (4.0km)
* Gaeamsa Temple 개암사 ~ Ugeumam 우금암 ~ Manseokdong 만석동 (5.3km)
* Gosapo 고사포 ~ Jungmak 죽막 (2.9km)
|* Gyeokpo Course: 40 minutes, 17km
* Naesosa Course : 1 hour 30 minutes, 4.9km
* Naesosa Wonam Course : 1 hour, 3.7km
* Naebyeonsan Namyeochi Course: 2 hours, 5.5km
* Wonam Namyeochi Course: 3 hours 30 minutes, 7.8km
* Naebyeonsan Naesosa Course: 3 hours, 6.2km
* Jikso Waterfall Course: 40 minutes, 2.2km
|Night-time Hike Restriction Notice|
|To prevent fires and ensure the safety of hikers, hiking has been prohibited at night. (between sunset and two hours before sunrise)|
For first 1 hour: 500 won
Each additional 10 minutes: 100 won (Up to 5,000 won a day)
Peak season (July-August): 2,000 won a day
For first 1 hour: 1,000 won
Each additional 10 minutes: 200 won/250 won (Up to 10,000 won a day)
Peak season (July-August): 5,000 won a day
>> Click here for more details
Central City Bus Terminal (Express Bus Terminal Station, Subway Line 3,7,9),
take an intercity bus to Buan Intercity Bus Terminal.
From Buan Terminal, take a bus bound for Gyeokpo (격포).
Get off at Geokpo Terminal (격포터미널).