|Ganghwa Anglican Church (대한성공회 강화성당)|
|VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.|
|Ganghwa Anglican Church was consecrated in 1900 by Charies Jone Corfe, the
First Bishop of the Church as the St. Peter and St.Paul’s Church. The church
has since undergone several restorations, but the design remains true to the
The two-story 4x10 rectangular building is characterized by traditional Korean construction style on the outside while the interior is a Western Basilica style symbolizing the beauty of harmony and Korean tradition. It was first designated as Gyeonggi-do Tangible Cultural Property No. 154 and then became Incheon Tangible Cultural property when Ganghwa was included in Incheon Metropolitan City. In January 2001 it was designated as Historic Site No.424 of Korea.
|Historic Site No. 424 (Designated on January 4, 2001)|
|1) Sinchon Station (Seoul Subway Line 2), Exit 4.
Go straight 260m to arrive at the bus stop in front of Artreon. From the bus stop, take Bus 3000 to Ganghwa Bus Terminal. Transfer to Bus 88 and get off at Suhyup Bus Stop. (2 bus stops)
2) Yeongdeungpo Station (Seoul Subway Line 1)
Across from Shinsegae Department Store, take Bus 88 and get off at Suhyup Bus Stop.
From the Suhyup Bus Stop, continue walking straight for 400m and take a right at Ganghwa Jungang Market.
Walk for 130m and the church will be on the left.