|Dongdaemun Design Plaza (동대문디자인플라자(DDP))|
|VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.|
|Dongdaemun Design Plaza (DDP)
is a blend of traditional buildings, relics and cutting-edge modern multicultural facilities.
Seoul Fortress, Igansumun Water Gate (floodgate channeling water from Namsan Mountain to Cheonggyecheon Stream and Seoul Fortress), Dongdaemun History Hall, the Dongdaemun Excavation Site, Dongdaemun Sports Memorial Hall, Event Hall, and Design Gallery can all be found at the DDP.
|Site area: 62,692㎡ / Building area: 25,104㎡
Total floor area: 86,574㎡ (Basement 3F to 4th Floor)
|- Art Hall (4,953.48m2): Art Hall 1, 2, International Conference Hall
- Museum (7,928.49m2): Design Museum, Design Exhibition Hall, Design Pathway, Pathway Cafe
- Design Lab #1 (8,206.08m2): Design Lab 1, 2, Jandisarang Room , Nanum Hall
- Dongdaemun History & Culture Park (4,110.60m2): An eco-friendly park
(Gallery Mun, Yigansu Exhibition Hall, Dongdaemun History Museum 1398, Dongdaemun Stadium Memorial , Seoul Fortress Hall (Yigansu Gate), Garden Yigansu Gate)
- Oullim Square : DDP Information Center for customized information about the DDP and vitalizing the market of this region (open 24 hours)
- The Design Market : A place where visitors can shop, relax, and experience a range of different designs and design products at a new trendy retail store such as a shop-in-shop (a store-within-a-store).
|DDP Information Desks, Coat rooms, Lactation room, Medical Service Room,Ticket Office|
|Admission / Participation Fees|
|* Refer to the homepage.|
|Discount Rate (25% off)
• Children and teens between the ages of 7 and 18
(including toddlers and elementary and secondary school students)
• Groups of 20 or more adults
Student group rate (50% off)
• Groups of 20 or more elementary or secondary school students
(with one guide for every 20 students admitted for free)
• General visitors can get this discount when they visit on the Culture Days
(last Wednesday of every month) * only available at on-site
• Children and teens between the ages of 4 and 6
Children under the age of 4, and seniors over the age of 65
※ To receive the discounts for which you are eligible, please bring any relevant certificates or documented proof relating to the following discount types to the ticket office at the DDP.
※ For group tours of 100 persons or more, call the DDP Call Center in advance.
※ For groups of 20 persons or more, tickets can be purchased only by phone or ticket office at the DDP.
※ A maximum of 10 people can be booked online.
|Reservation required at the homepage|
Dongdaemun History & Culture Park Station (Seoul Subway Line 2, 4 ,5), Exit 1.
- Walk 60 m straight and turn right.
- Continue walking 73m.
AREX (Airport Railroad)
Incheon International Airport
From AREX: Incheon International Airport
- Transfer to Gongdeok Station (Seoul Subway Line 5).
- Get off at Dongdaemun History and Culture Park Station
Gimpo International Airport
From Seoul Subway Line 5: Gimpo International Airport Station → Get off at Dongdaemun History and Culture Park Station, Exit 1 or 2.
From Seoul Seoul Subway Line 9: Gimpo International Airport Station → Transfer to Dangsan Station (Seoul Subway Line 2)→ Get off at Dongdaemun History and Culture Park Station, Exit 1 or 2.
AREX: Gimpo International Airport → Transfer to Line 5 at Gongdeok Station → Get off at Dongdaemun History and Culture Park Station, Exit 1 or 2.
1. Dongdaemun History & Culture Park Station
-Blue bus: N13 , N16 , N30 , N62 , 105 , 144 , 152 , 261 , 301 , 420
-Green bus: 2012 , 2015 , 2233 , 7212
-Red bus: 9403
-City circular bus: 90S Tour
2. Dongdaemun Design Plaza (DDP)
-Green bus: 2012
3. Airport Limousine
Airport Dongdaemun (Toyoko Inn)-bound Limousine No. 6001 at Incheon International Airport → Toyoko Inn (Dongdaemun History and Culture Park Station, Cerestar, Sindang-dong, Gwanghui-dong) → Go across the crosswalk in front of Ramodo Shopping Mall
Gimpo International Airport
Dongdaemun (Toyoko Inn)-bound Limousine No. 6001 at Gimpo International Airport → Toyoko Inn (Dongdaemun History and Culture Park Station, Cerestar, Sindang-dong, Gwanghui-dong) → Go across the crosswalk in front of Ramodo Shopping Mall
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)