|Gudambong Peak & Oksunbong Peak (구담봉 & 옥순봉)|
|VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.|
|Gudambong Peak and Oksunbong Peak (alt. 372m) are widely known as two of the “Eight Scenic Views of Danyang."
Gudanmbong Peak (lit. Turtle Pond Peak) gets its name from the reflection of its rugged cliffs on the lake below, which is said to look like a turtle. Oksunbong Peak (lit. Jade Shoot Peak), well known for its magnificent scenery, was so named because its white and mossy rocks stand high like fresh bamboo shoots.
The old historic book Yeojiseungnam (Geographical Survey of Korea) describes how Kim Il-son, a civil officer in the Joseon Dynasty, greatly extolled the beauty of its marvelous ravines. Both Gudambong Peak and Oksunbong Peak offer spectacular views of Chungjuho Lake and Geumsusan Mountain.
|Mountain Not Access Period|
|Subject to change depending on the weather conditions. Please, check the official website of the park before the date of visit.|
|Restricted Mountain Areas|
|● Jireupjae (지릅재) - Mapaebong Peak (마패봉)
● Haneuljae Pass (하늘재) - Poamsan (포암산) - Mansubong Samgeori (만수봉삼거리)
● Mapaebong Samgeori (마패봉삼거리) - Bubong Peak (부봉) - Haneuljae Pass (하늘재)
● Bodeogam Hermitage (보덕암) - Bodeogam Samgeori (보덕암삼거리)
● Sangcheon-ri (상천리) - Mangdeokbong Peak (망덕봉) - Geumsusan Mountain (금수산)
● Sangcheon-ri (상천리) - Gaeunsan Mountain (가은산) - Oksun Bridge (옥순대교)
|Areas Open to the Public|
|● Songgye-ri (송계리) - Songgye Samgeori (송계삼거리)
● Deokjusa Temple (덕주사) - Yeongbong Peak (영봉)
● Mansugyo Bridge (만수교) - Mansubong Peak (만수봉) - Mansugyo Bridge (만수교)
● Sangseonam Rock (상선암) - Jebong Peak (제봉) - Doraksan Mountain (도락산)
● Sangcheon-ri (상천리) - Geumsusan Mountain (금수산) - Sang-ri (상리)
● Janghoe-ri (장회리) - Jebibong Peak (제비봉) - Eoreumgol Valley (어름골)
● Gyeranjae (계란재) - Gudambong Peak (구담봉) - Oksunbong Peak (옥순봉) ● Moehakdong (뫼학동) - Bukbawisan Mountain (북바위산) - Mullebanga (물레방아)
● Sangseonam (상선암) - Chaeunbong Peak (채운봉) - Doraksan Samgeori (도락산삼거리)
● Mireung-ri (미륵리) - Haneuljae Pass (하늘재)
● Geumsusan Samgeori (금수산삼거리) - Sanghak Village (상학마을)
● Silleuksa Temple (신륵사) - Silleuksa Samgeori (신륵사삼거리)
● Naegunggi Village (내궁기마을) - Naegunggi Samgeori (내궁기삼거리)
|▲ Dongchanggyo Bridge (동창교) → Yeongbong Peak (영봉) → Silleuksa Temple (신륵사) (8.8km, 5hrs)
▲ Deokju Valley (덕주계곡) → Yeongbong Peak (영봉) → Jungbong Peak (중봉) → Habong Peak (하봉) → Susan-ri (수산리) (9km, 8hrs)
▲ Deokju Valley (덕주계곡) → Yeongbong Peak (영봉) → Dongchanggyo Bridge (동창교) (10.2km, 6hrs)
▲ Mansugyo Bridge (만수교) → Mansubong Peak (만수봉) → Mansugyo Bridge (만수교) (7.2km, 4hrs)
▲ Sangseonam Rock (상선암) → Doraksan Mountain (도락산) → Sangseonam Rock (상선암) (5km, 4hrs)
▲ Janghoe (장회) → Jebibong Peak (제비봉) → Eoreumgol Valley 어름골 (3km, 3hrs)
▲ Gyeranjae (계란재) → Gudambong Peak (구담봉) → Oksunbong Peak (옥순봉) (2.6km, 2hrs)
▲ Mireung-ri (미륵리) → Haneuljae Pass (하늘재) → Poamsan Mountain (포암산) → Mansubong Peak (만수봉) (7.3km, 5hrs)
▲ Moeakdong (뫼악동) → Bukbawisan Mountain (북바위산) → Mullebanga (물레방아) (4.5km, 3hrs 30min)
▲ Sangcheon-ri (상천리) → Geumsusan Mountain (금수산) → Sang-ri (상리) (2.4km, 5hrs)
|Night-time Hike Restriction Notice|
|Hiking at night is prohibited (From sunset to two
hours before sunrise).
1) Wolaksan Mountain - Yeongbong Peak, Doraksan Mountain, Geumsusan Mountain: From 14:00~
2) Mansubong Peak, Bukbawisan Mountain, Jebibong Peak, Mapaebong Peak: From 15:00~
|From Dong Seoul Bus Terminal, take an intercity bus bound for Danyang Intercity Bus Terminal.
Take a taxi to the location.