goto content

  • sitemap
  • sign up
  • my page
  • visitkorea on Facebook
  • visitkorea on Twitter
  • visitkorea on YouTube
  • visitkorea on RSS


Korea Banner (Left)


Daegu » Jung-gu » Old Guam Seowon (옛 구암서원)

print

Old Guam Seowon (옛 구암서원)   
옛 구암서원 전경
옛 구암서원 전경
prev  
  • 옛 구암서원 전경
  • Old Guam Seowon (옛 구암서원)
  • Old Guam Seowon (옛 구암서원)
  • Old Guam Seowon (옛 구암서원)
  • Old Guam Seowon (옛 구암서원)
  • Old Guam Seowon (옛 구암서원)
  • Old Guam Seowon (옛 구암서원)
  • Old Guam Seowon (옛 구암서원)
  • Old Guam Seowon (옛 구암서원)
  • Old Guam Seowon (옛 구암서원)
  • Old Guam Seowon (옛 구암서원)
  • Old Guam Seowon (옛 구암서원)
  • Old Guam Seowon (옛 구암서원)
  • Old Guam Seowon (옛 구암서원)
  • Old Guam Seowon (옛 구암서원)
  • Old Guam Seowon (옛 구암서원)
  • Old Guam Seowon (옛 구암서원)
  • Old Guam Seowon (옛 구암서원)
  • Old Guam Seowon (옛 구암서원)
  • Old Guam Seowon (옛 구암서원)
  • Old Guam Seowon (옛 구암서원)
next
view pictures
Address
Daegu-si Jung-gu Gukchaebosang-ro 492-58
대구광역시 중구 국채보상로 492-58 (동산동)
Type/Class
Inn/Motel/-----
Inquiries
• 1330 tt call center: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-53-428-9900
Homepage
http://www.dgch.or.kr
(Korean)
VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
Introduction
Old Guam Seowon is also known as Gwiam Seowon. It was originally built as Guam Shrine in 1665 (6th year of the reign of King Hyeonjong) behind Yeongusan Mountain in Bongsan-dong of Jung-gu. It was later elevated to the status of ‘Seowon’ (a Confucian memorial hall). The structures were moved to their current location in 1718 (44th year of the reign of King Sukjong). Old Guam Seowon houses the four ancestral tablets of the Seo Family of the Dalseong Clan: Seo Chim, Seo Geo-jeong, Seo Hae, and Seo Seong. In 1995, some of the structures, including the Sunghyeonsa Shrine, the headstone, and the monument house were moved to Yeonam Park in Sangyeok-dong, due to the city’s expansion and the perceived incongruity of parts of the memorial hall with the local Dongsan-dong area. However, the other structures - Gyeongangmun (main gate), Chohyeonjae, Jesucheong (food storage for ancestral rituals), and Sadang (shrine) - remain in their original location.

Old Guam Seowon offers five guest rooms accommodating up to 15 people. The lodging’s facilities include TVs, computers, Wi-Fi access, air-conditioners, towels, and hair dryers. It also runs such cultural experience programs (for groups) as folk games, Hanji (rice paper) crafts, and alley tours.
Telephone
+82-53-428-9900
Fax
+82-53-423-2002
E-Mail
dgc9900@naver.com
Maximum Occupancy
15 guests
Guestroom Information
Ondol
Number of Guestrooms
5rooms(2-person rooms: 2 / 3-person rooms: 2 / 5-person rooms: 1)
Room Amenities (Colored backgrounds designate availability)
TVFridgeA/CLaundry ServiceDryerJacuzzi / hot tubInternetCablePersonal SafeKitchen Facilities
Check-In Time
10:00
Check-Out Time
10:00
Room Rates
₩ 40,000~

* The room rate is the lowest price for this accommodation. Rates may vary according to season, room type and whether or not guests are entitled to discount rates. Please make sure to check the exact rate in advance before making your reservations. The room rate listed above is subject to change.

Parking Facility
No parking available
Reservations
+82-53-428-9900
Credit Cards
Not accepted
Assistance for Foreigners (Available Languages)
Available language service
Pets
Not permitted
Directions
From Seoul Express Bus Terminal at Express Bus Terminal Station (Subway Line 3, 7 or 9) - Take an intercity bus bound for Dongdaegu and get off at Dongdaegu Express Bus Terminal – Take bus #s 156, 521 or 651 across the terminal – Get off at Seomnyu Hoegwan Geonneo, cross the street and walk approx. 200m along the path beside Woori Bank – Turn right at Jinjujip Restaurant and walk approx. 100m until you reach the house.

Related Tour Packages

Data not found



Quick Menu Quick Menu

Reservation