|Daeyasan Natural Recreation Forest (대야산자연휴양림)|
|The Daeyasan Mountain National Natural Recreation Forest is situated in the middle of Mungyeong’s Eight Scenic Views. In the summer large number of vacationers are drawn to the clean and beautiful waters flowing down Yongchu Valley and Seonyudong Valley of Daeyasan Mountain (930 meters) and Dundeoksan Mountain (970 meters). Near the recreation forest are historically famous sites like the Bongamsa Temple, the relics of Gyeon Hwon, the birthplace of Ungang Lee Kang-nyeon, and the Mungyeong Saejae Mountain Pass.
Inside the recreation forest, there is a visitor information center, accommodation facilities, a ceramics workshop where visitors can experience ceramics making, and forest experience trails. Allowing visitors to enjoy sightseeing and leisure sports the recreation forest offers various hands-on experience sites such as a ceramics exhibition hall, an ecological park, a clay shooting range, rafting site, and a drama open set.
|May 27, 2009|
* No days off in July & August
|Accommodation: Check-in time 15:00 / Check-out time 12:00|
|Up to 1,000 people a day|
|Adults (ages 19-64): 1,000 won / Group (over 20): 800 won
Youths (ages 7-18): 600 won / Group: 500 won
Children (ages under 6): 300 won / Group: 200 won
* Free admission during the winter season (December-March)
|Accommodations, management office, walking path, pottery experience hall, forest path, etc.|
|Facility Utilization Fees|
|Accommodations (low season & weekdays / peak season or weekends)
Forest House (숲속의집) & Hyuyanggwan (산림문화 휴양관)
- Rooms (under 13㎡, 3 people): 21,000 won / 39,000 won
- Rooms (16㎡-20㎡, 3-4 people): 30,000 won / 50,000 won
- Rooms (23㎡-26㎡, 4 people): 32,000 won / 58,000 won
- Rooms (29㎡-35㎡, 5-6 people): 40,000 won / 74,000 won
- Rooms (39㎡-46㎡, 6-8 people): 50,000 won / 90,000 won
- Rooms (49㎡-56㎡, 8-9 people): 60,000 won / 104,000 won
- Rooms (59㎡-66㎡, 10-11 people): 70,000 won / 117,000 won
- Rooms (over 70㎡, over 12 people): 90,000 won / 160,000 won
* Admission fees & parking fees included.
* Peak season: July 15-August 24
* Weekends: Friday-Saturday & the day before each holiday
|Compact cars: 1,500 won
Small cars: 3,000 won
Large vehicles: 5,000 won
|Baby Stroller Rentals|
|From Dong Seoul Bus Terminal, take an intercity bus to Gaeun (가은).
* Bus Schedule: 08:20, 13:10, 18:10
From Gaeun, take a local bus or a taxi to Daeyasan Natural Recreation Forest (대야산자연휴양림, 20min).
* Local Bus Info.: runs 5 times a day
1) From Mungyeong Intercity Bus Terminal, take an intercity bus to Gaeun (가은).
* Bus Schedule: 07:55-19:00, runs 11 times a day
2) From Jeomchon Bus Terminal (점촌터미널), walk 100m to bus stop located across from the Homeplus.
Take a local bus bound for Beolbawi (벌바위) and get off at the last stop.
* Bus Schedule: 07:00, 08:30, 10:30, 12:30, 17:10 (subject to change)