|Closed: Suaedang (수애당)|
|VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.|
|This house was built by Suae Yu Jin-geol in 1939. The house is made of three separate buildings. It is an L-shaped house with a tiled-roof in Paljak style (a style of traditional Korean roofs with either end of the roof curling up in the shape of crane wings in flight). It measures seven kan (kan is a traditional measurement of distance between two columns, usually about 1.8 meters) in length and is two kan wide.
The house can accommodate 40 to 50 people and ten rooms, including the clay room, are equipped with under-floor heating. The storeroom is in an L-shape and is about 10 kan in size. The main gate has a high upper tile-roof and is about the size of 5 kan. Even from sitting on the floor, there is a great view of the Imhaho Lakeshore. The house is an excellent representation of the architectural style of the late Joseon Dynasty.
|Gyeongsangbuk-do Cultural Property Material No. 56|
| - Sotdae (memorial pole)
making: 10,000 won
- Tea ceremony: 10,000 won
- Hanji paper crafting: 10,000 won
* Red clay, natural dyeing, pillow case making: 10,000 won (advanced reservations required)
- Free tea class
* 09:30-10:30 on Sundays, April-September only
※ Inquiries: +82-54-822-6661
| * 9 Red clay rooms and Ondol rooms
* 3 Large-sized guestrooms, 3 Medium-sized guestrooms, 5 Small-sized guestrooms
* Daecheong maru floor, small maru floor / outdoor washstand and outdoor kitchen/ Ondol heating system
|Facility Utilization Fees|
* Ondol room / Hanji room (weekdays)
From Dong Seoul Terminal (Gangbyeon Station, Seoul Subway Line 2), take an intercity bus bound for Andong(안동).
* Bus schedule: 06:35, 15:30
From Cheongnyangni Station (Seoul Subway Line 1, Jungang Line), take a train bound for Andong.
* Train schedule: 06:00, 07:40, 08:25, 10:30, 13:00, 15:00, 17:00, 19:00, 21:00
From Andong Station, take a taxi to Suaedang(수애당).